Water pump housing.

carguy300

Reaction score
I need to replace my water pump housing on my 300. Can you still get cast housings, all im seeing is aluminum. Any suggestions on alum vs cast? I pulled off my a/c compressor to get to t/ stat housing and found pump housing cracked.

I'm sure you cant get new big block cast iron housings, but lot and lots of people have used ones laying around in great shape in the popular configurations.

You should be able to find a used one.

What you want is look at the number cast in the housing and match that up. Since they had a couple different configurations of outlets (some right, some left) and things like holes for temperature gauge senders, heater hoses etc.. This will get you what you need without having to do a lot of figuring out what you need.

If you need or want, I have Cast Iron Water Pumps, brand new , as opposed to the Aluminum ones, which are far less efficient.....
Not expensive, either.....

Basically it's; 66 and down, LH inlet
67- 72 ish LH inlet
73? And up RH inlet

If it's a 60s car, which side is the temp sender on.
Lots for sale on B bodies too.

Basically it's; 66 and down, LH inlet
67- 72 ish LH inlet
73? And up RH inlet

If it's a 60s car, which side is the temp sender on.
Lots for sale on B bodies too.
It is a 68 and temp sending unit on the left. This is also an a/c car so I dont know how much differance this wiil make either.

20230622_222741.jpg
20230622_224015.jpg
20230901_202817.jpg

Here's a 66 vs 67 up

I've got a couple of them sitting in the barn I'll never use . Both are LH , but I can get some numbers off of them if interested

Ordered a used, cleaned, prepped one off ebay. Needs painting to preference. Fair price, plus shipping. Has same casting number as mine. Still need t/stat housing next. Thanks for y'alls help!!

Back