What are you working on today??

Need to drive the truck around to add to the break in mileage on new differential gears.
Exchange Propane cylinder for grill.
Fill gas tank on truck.
Change truck's oil.
Take my dogs for a Sunday drive. They're small dogs who like sitting up in Papa's truck!

My weekend has been pretty full, but stopped by to assess my power seat noticed I needed another angle piece for the base, Murray says he has it too.

The good news every nut and bolt moves freely so it will disassemble nicely for restoration.

View attachment 267641

Great minds think alike. . . I have the same power seat task ahead of me. I just hafta go down to Gary's (@Wollfen ) place and pick it up.

Not a C body, but it replaces my 65 Sport Fury drag car (now retired to street duty).

Finishing up the engine for the race car (65 Belvedere). 11:1, Ported head, big valves, high lift mechanical cam, big Holley, aluminum intake, headers, under drive pulleys, shaved/lightened crank, pretty much everything I can throw at it.

IMG_1227a.jpg

Last edited:
Not a C body, but it replaces my 65 Sport Fury drag car (now retired to street duty).

Finishing up the engine for the race car (65 Belvedere). 11:1, Ported head, big valves, high lift mechanical cam, big Holley, aluminum intake, headers, under drive pulleys, shaved/lightened crank, pretty much everything I can throw at iT.

View attachment 267941
That's just plain beautiful

Last edited:
Blowing snow - my snowblower can't get it over the top of the bank anymore so I can sit at the bottom and 'recycle' it all day except that doesn't get my driveway cleared..
upload_2019-3-10_13-10-17.png

I had to get the old hot water heater out of the basement. It's been sitting there a little too long.

Since it was a huge one, I couldn't get it out myself and it never seemed to work out to get the kids up here at the right time.

I decided to cut it up with a sawz-all. Cut the top and bottom off by sticking the blade in the heating element holes. then cut the remaining center lengthwise into three pieces. It's sitting out on the back patio now.

My back is protesting very loudly right now. I'm not doing anything else today...

I finally got dressed and took ol' Blu out. Kickdown is now functional and adjusted, but my thermostatic fan clutch crapped out. Adding it to the list...

20190310_155414.jpg

Today i washed my dd spent some time with dad and now watching some dark themed anime and will be going grocery shopping in a couple of hrs

'62 Polara: Putting weatherstriping and catwhiskers on. Bead blasting the old paint off the valve covers and intake manifold, making another list of stuff to order tomorrow.
Doing laundry, cleaning out the bird feeders and enjoying the sun!!

Today I'm trying to figure out if I am going to splice into a brake tube that I snapped off yesterday or run a whole new tube. Leaning toward a splice.
None of my business, but I was taught not to splice brake (or fuel) lines. Always run new ones. I know it can be a pain!

Back