What to do? Another car comes home

Parts car or fun car?

• Total voters
When did you find this car? I just talked about road tripping in the future back to Iowa and you bought a car from there. Love it.:D
It popped up here. Saw the ad, hemmed and hawed, got the sellers info and agreed to buy it a couple days later. Parts for my car are worth it right there. Or build a fun car and steal from the Dart (yet again) for a Polara.

I would use it for the parts for your car, sell what's left and maybe even get some time to give your Dart some love.

Or just parts grab and let your Co-worker get part of it done and store it then buy it back and finish it.
I talked to him an hour ago and he said he'd buy the shell, I can take everything I want, doors, trunk, windows, whatever. He just wants a bare shell. Works for me. What's a shell worth?

I would use it for the parts for your car, sell what's left and maybe even get some time to give your Dart some love.
I'm starting to lean that way. It'll be a while before I get to Polara 2.0 as a project, and I seem to need extra parts for the Polara, I can't get enough of them in stock. The Dart deserves to be the focus of my automotive attention.

Same here I am neck deep in this damn Charger (although it has been a good father and son project) it needs to get moving under its own power then I can deal with it's ugliness over time.
I need back on my B'cuda.

I want them all. If I had more money and could build 2 vehicles a year I'd do it without even thinking. I could get the title while gathering parts then built it the following year. But that ain't gonna happen. It'll be 5 years before I get to it and it'll have gone to crap by then. The only place I can store it will be in a grassy patch at the son in laws place. Time to save my pennies and build an engine for the Dart.

I want them all. If I had more money and could build 2 vehicles a year I'd do it without even thinking. I could get the title while gathering parts then built it the following year. But that ain't gonna happen. It'll be 5 years before I get to it and it'll have gone to crap by then. The only place I can store it will be in a grassy patch at the son in laws place. Time to save my pennies and build an engine for the Dart.
That's the problem... There are just too many cars out there.

I would buy a project, get part way through it and find something else... Seemed like nothing ever really got done when I had more than one to concentrate on.

I still have one project car (53 Windsor) that I keep saying I'll get to one of these days, but I like "puttering" with my 70 a bit and driving it when I want.

Project cars are cool, but the garage time gets hard to come by sometimes... or the cash... or both.. LOL.

That's the problem... There are just too many cars out there.

I would buy a project, get part way through it and find something else... Seemed like nothing ever really got done when I had more than one to concentrate on.

I still have one project car (53 Windsor) that I keep saying I'll get to one of these days, but I like "puttering" with my 70 a bit and driving it when I want.

Project cars are cool, but the garage time gets hard to come by sometimes... or the cash... or both.. LOL.
And you're retired... most of us still doing the grind fantasize that means you have nothing else to do all day (I know that isn't the reality)... I have a hard enough time keeping the ol body functioning correctly, let alone finding time for my numerous projects.

Just wait another 20 years or so...
Believe me... the thought is on my mind... My father has severe rheumatoid arthritis. He doesn't have a good joint left in his body... and he barely manages to recover from the surgeries he has had. He now manages most of his issues with diet, select exercises and PT... but he eats stuff that would make a possum puke... I don't think I could ever do that.

Aaannddd, I'm getting another one! I stopped by the local craft brewery to fill up my growler. The owner was visiting parents out of state, so while I drank a pint I chatted with a few patrons and the guy filling in as barkeep. Good thing I did, he mentioned this car and that car, this truck and that truck. So I asked him what he had and if any Mopars. Mentioned a 72 Charger, and rambled on to a 66 Polara, bucket/console interior, engine in unknown state with the rear end through the trunk like th car that started this thread. And even cheaper. Front sheet metal is good so apparently I'm starting a stash of parts for my car.

Where's the pic's???? You know the drill:D
Haven't seen the car yet. Even if the fenders are folded backwards the price was right. I showed the pics of the one I'm getting and he was saying his is in similar shape.

Well, not what I was hoping for. It's been off the road since 74-75, and who knows how long in the mud it's buried in. The passenger door and maybe the drivers are the only good sheet metal on the car. Fenders and quarters are shot as is the trunk. Has one bucket different from the other, a 500 style in the driver's spot and I don't know what In the passengers. Has a console covered with moss, take A LOT of cleaning to maybe work the hood has rust and the trunk is dented. 383 is seized. Stub frame is in the muddy earth. Bumpers are shot in rear and bent in front. Has some good trim pieces and the glass looks to be in good condition, but I just glanced at the windows. No rear window, and that's when I knew the interior was going to be not so good.

Turbine Bronze car, black interior, would have looked sweet back in the day.

I declined his price for the whole car, but we agreed on a price for the emblems, door mirror and the steering column. I'll think about it til the weekend and throw him an offer for the whole car. Not much to take off the car that doesn't need a lot of attention to get it looking ok. Dash pad looked good, but we couldn't open the driver's door so that didn't help. Lots of oil to lubricate all kinds of crap.

Funny thing is there is a 500 emblem on the driver's fender, passenger side missing, but other than the driver's seat it sure doesn't look like it. I could be wrong. Did the 500's have a plain seatback for the rear seat, or was it the bucket mimicking style like a 300 with buckets, where it dips in the center?

IMG_20170614_133757.jpg

IMG_20170614_133841.jpg

IMG_20170614_133952.jpg

IMG_20170614_134010.jpg

IMG_20170614_133917.jpg

IMG_20170614_133311.jpg

Screenshot_20170614-141830.png

Wow, that one's pretty far gone. Had a 66 Polara 500 once, but it was a convertible so would have had the dip in the rear for the speaker enclosure, no help on a coupe's rear set setup.

Back