Whos going to Carlisle?

If you are driving a Mopar to the show register for the show and park on site. Otherwise there are many people that let you park on their lawns close to the main gate on Clay Street. Either way it will be worth every penny to be parked close.
I register on the show field just for the parking and you get two admissions. Doing the math this is the cheapest and easiest thing to do. Plus it gives me a place to take a break during the day. You can borrow some shade if you'd like.

I'm in the southwest part of the state, so I'll use the opposite strategy . . . thru Morgantown, 68, then cut up. I'm pretty familiar with that WV and MD area . . . and it's a nice drive too. It's an hour longer, but anything to stay off the TP . . . !

I have been working on Tux for months to be at Carlisle.
Still a hard pedal, the Auto Temp Servo rebuild and new amplifier didn't work out. But everything else looks good. Hope the humidity holds off.

Usually they are on different weekends, but occasionally they hit the same weekend. Last time it coincided, I went to Carlisle.

I really like going to Carlisle.. But 20 minutes from home with ~9000 pre 1992 cars and bring both cars instead of one. Sleep in my own bed etc.

From last year.
Syracuse Nationals

Usually they are on different weekends, but occasionally they hit the same weekend. Last time it coincided, I went to Carlisle.

I really like going to Carlisle.. But 20 minutes from home with ~9000 pre 1992 cars and bring both cars instead of one. Sleep in my own bed etc.

From last year.
Syracuse Nationals
Ya, ok. Says the guy driving 8 hrs after waiting two years.

Unfortunately I won't be there again this year. I hope you all have safe travels and good weather.

We N E E D you there --- mrfury68 --- you are too nearby to not be there.....

No conflicts next year--- make sure of that !!!

Yours, Craig.....

I will be in G215 what's the 69 through 73 c bodies. Plan to get there early to mid afternoon Thursday and check out the swap meet area. Have a long list of parts to buy I've got all the member lots written down. Will also have a tent so there's a place for people to stop and get out of the sun and take a break.

Just curious as to who is going, who is showing a cbody in the field?
I will be there Friday thru Sunday but no car this year....

I'll be there Friday AM with No. 1 son in the G-2XX area. Look for my red '66 with the 'RIPIN8R' front tag. Will have plenty of shade and a cooler full of ice cold water and some Yuengling.

I am taking the 68 Fury. I will be in the 67-68 "C" body Stock class.
I took this picture yesterday that the show at the Newport RI Navy Base car show.

Unfortunately about 6 minutes after taking this picture one of the navy people got out of a service van and left it in gear and it drove into the left front corner of my car. The damage wasn't horrible, but after the time and labor to restore it, it still hurt seeing it happen from 30 feet away.
After we assessed the damage to my car and I moved it back to minimize damage, they still never put the van in park and they had to chase it down before it headed into the water.

Now I am spending today filling out Freedom of Information Act requests in triplicate to get a copy of the report.
I should have it cleaned the best I can with spare parts before I leave on Thursday morning at 5 AM

Newport Bridge Picture-1.jpg

I'll be there Friday AM with No. 1 son in the G-2XX area. Look for my red '66 with the 'RIPIN8R' front tag. Will have plenty of shade and a cooler full of ice cold water and some Yuengling.
We can put our tents beside each other to create some larger shade space. Plus it will make the parts car look even better than it is.
I took this picture yesterday that the show at the Newport RI Navy Base car show.

Unfortunately about 6 minutes after taking this picture one of the navy people got out of a service van and left it in gear and it drove into the left front corner of my car. The damage wasn't horrible, but after the time and labor to restore it, it still hurt seeing it happen from 30 feet away.
After we assessed the damage to my car and I moved it back to minimize damage, they still never put the van in park and they had to chase it down before it headed into the water.

Now I am spending today filling out Freedom of Information Act requests in triplicate to get a copy of the report.
I should have it cleaned the best I can with spare parts before I leave on Thursday morning at 5 AM

View attachment 543669
Ah.... that sucks, but I'm glad it isn't any worse than what you've indicated.

68FuryRagtop,
That is a crying shame..... Hope everything ultimately works out for you.....

View attachment 543669

Wow, what a bunch of mouth breathers! Sorry to hear this.

View attachment 543669

Geeze! What a bummer. Thank goodness for "spare parts."

63 New Yorker ----- you DEFINITELY want to stop by me @ H107 - H108...

Josh / Cuda Hunter--- from Colorado !!! --- definitely stop by H107 - H108.....

Jolly Joker --- I did the Mopar Nationals for 21 years in a row --- and have now blown it off for the last 8 years in a row....

25 years ago, the Nats was the place to be, as Carlisle was still in its infancy stages....But since, the Nats has gone down, down, down to become a little local rinky dink show --- while Chryslers @ Carlisle has become the *** # 1 MOPAR ***
Event on Planet Earth.....You will LLLOOOOOOOVVVEEE it.....

Craig.....
I will be looking for you at H107-H108

View attachment 543669
I will find you so we can chat. I spent 4 years on thst base back in the 80s.

Back