For Sale Why did I Look???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobalovr

Being on the Cbody diet SUCKS!
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Ok so been watching this car for sale for a while now. The owner lives nearby and dropped by tonight at the store after hearing from another customer how much I like Doba's. Claims to be a one family owned car (His Dad bought it new). What's got me interested is this:
81 Cordoba LS (300ish)
Black With Black Vinyl Roof
Red Buckets w/console
Here's the biggy ....
Factory Sunroof!! WTF? I've seen lots with T roofs but factory sunroof?? Owner says it was a car show car for Chrysler back in the day. Has broadcast sheet(not with him) and it has the X SPD number. Loaded LS car with many options. Ive decoded some of the fender tag so if anyone can assist filling in blanks please do. Its a mess in some ways but real cool in other ways. Rattlecan paint needs carpet and headliner new leafs are set wrong so driveline angle is wrong but look at the fender tag and tell me your opinions. Mine for $2K Why did I look ......BTW it has the sunroof manual crank on the rear pkg tray to close it if the electric motor fails so not Dealer installed I'm guessing

1981 Cordoba LS
H53 A/C
L35 Cornering Lamps
L81 Door Ajar Lamp
M25 Beltline Moulding
CTD
G03
G44 R/S Vanity Mirror
G52
G63
G73 O/S Dual Mirrors
26 Heavy Duty Rad
A01 Light Grp
A74
C16 Center Console
C17
C56 Bucket Seats
TX9 Black
V3X Black Vinyl Roof
D33 A999 TF Transmission
E44 318-2BBL ELB
M5M6 Interior ?
501 May 1 Build Date
X09937 - SPD #?
SS22 Chrysler Cordoba
144081 Sequence
2C3 ?
P41 Power locks
P45 Power trunk release
R32 Dual rear speakers
R36 AM FM Cassette
M53 Man Sunroof Vinyl Top
IMG_5319.JPG
IMG_5320.JPG
IMG_5322.JPG
IMG_5323.JPG
IMG_5325.JPG
IMG_5326.JPG
IMG_5327.JPG
IMG_5331.JPG
IMG_5329.JPG

love the interior on these........and IMO it would look a lot better with wheels the color of brushed aluminum.

I don't know about whether the sunroof is OE or not but I wouldn't discount it because of a manual crank.

I used to have an LS 400 Lexus and it had a factory sunroof with an emergency crank.

Kevin

I saw one of these "300s" years ago - this is only the second that I've seen.

I don't know about whether the sunroof is OE or not but I wouldn't discount it because of a manual crank.

I used to have an LS 400 Lexus and it had a factory sunroof with an emergency crank.

Kevin

I think Dobalovr is saying that it is a factory sunroof with an emergency manual crank. All Chrysler factory sunroofs had those emergency manual crank handles in case the power motor failed, just like the Lexus (but we are all brainwashed that nothing ever fails on a Lexus, right? :rofl:).

I think Dobalovr is saying that it is a factory sunroof with an emergency manual crank. All Chrysler factory sunroofs had those emergency manual crank handles in case the power motor failed, just like the Lexus (but we are all brainwashed that nothing ever fails on a Lexus, right? :rofl:).

Correct - its a power sunroof with an emergency manual crank in the rear packsge tray. I would like to know how popular this option was and if it can be verifiied from the fender tag. If it makes this a rare car I'm interested, if it's a common option then it's just a J body needing lots of work. T top cars are everywhere - OE sunroof cars first one I've seen...

The sunroof is OEM and the package tray crank is the proof. That was a change made by the supplier although I don't see the logic unless there wasn't enough room for the motor in J bodies. I'm also pretty sure this was a one-year only option, disappearing in '80 (which fits my reason for the change) and then taking leave once again in '82 when the Mirada/Cordoba option sheets were shortened.

It really was supposed to be a continuation of the 300, with a standard E58 360 V8 which would have made a great performer in this lighter car. I'm sure somebody protested the standard engine as limiting buyers, so it became the LS at the last minute.

1980 was the last (only) year for the 360 in a J-body. Those are probably as rare as '81 sunroof cars.

Looks factory to me, you gotta buy this car.

Why is the tag a different color? What's doing there?

Looks factory to me, you gotta buy this car.

Why is the tag a different color? What's doing there?

Looks like it was masked before the paint shop, probably something they did on black cars to keep them legible in the plant.

I had a black 82 Mirada, the tag was black. I've just never seen this before....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back