WIW 1970 300 Convertable

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying back a 70 300 'vert that I sold to a buddy 4 or 5 years ago. I can't get pictures right now because it's buried inside a garage covered with stuff. It's a 100% rust free car.With no dents or damage. It was running and driving when I had it. Did need the usual fuel system cleaning even back then. My buddy took the tank out and had it cleaned and coated but never put it back in. It's white with a black top that needs replacing with a saddle color column shift buddy seat interior. For options it has power windows (No power vents Matt) AM/FM 8track and cornering lamps. The interior looks good but has seems splitting so it needs redone as does the paint. All moldings are there in good shape. If I get it my plan is to try to get it mechanically sound and paint and interior and drive it. So what do you guys think it's worth? I used to be pretty good at figuring values but now it seems like to me everything is too much money.

Well you know what you sold it to him for 4/5 years ago when it was running. Now it is not, seems to have been neglected in a garage covered with stuff and the gas tank is out. your friend either doesn't have the time, interest or cash to finish it. I would think you should be able to get it back for less than he paid you.

Since I paid nothing for my project I can't really help with real-world valuation, but I've thought that if I was to start over with out major rust issues and minor mechanical work, my budget would be in the $3500-$4500 range.

Less than what you sold it for. He's had it all this time and he has done nothing to it except let it deteriorate.

Yeah I know but it's a buddy so that complicates it some. At least it's been inside all this time. Funny thing is two cars that I painted for him are sitting outside. That's the main reason he's selling, for space reasons not money.

If he really is your buddy, you should give him back what he bought it from you for. Then he could help get it running with you. This way you get your car back, keep your friend, and both break out even. Sounds like a win / win with no hard feelings.

You need a little help from Sherman and Mr. Peabody.
220px-Waybackmachine3.png

Well let him know that I will give him $1500.00 shipped & delivered to Massachusetts.... :thumbsup:

and now you can guys can work it out from there ...:poke::D

Damn, no snow, no rust, and no sales tax, look out Phoenix, I'm a coming.

AND, no stinking DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!

AZ is where I eventually would like to end up, been thinking about it for years. My dad actually looked at properties in Tuscon, but never followed through.

AND, no stinking DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!

AZ is where I eventually would like to end up, been thinking about it for years. My dad actually looked at properties in Tuscon, but never followed through.

I've lived here for 38 years and am planning on dying here. Yeah it's hot in the summer but I really don't let it affect what I do. Of course I don't grab that wrench that's been sitting in the 115 degree sun with out gloves. :rofl:

If I get it my plan is to try to get it mechanically sound and paint and interior and drive it. So what do you guys think it's worth?
I don't get these two sentences, as they seem to counter each other. If you want to drive it, why do you care what it's worth?

Or, am I missing something and you're asking what you should pay the guy?

I don't get these two sentences, as they seem to counter each other. If you want to drive it, why do you care what it's worth?

Or, am I missing something and you're asking what you should pay the guy?

What I should pay for it.

I am thinking of buying back a 70 300 'vert that I sold to a buddy 4 or 5 years ago. I can't get pictures right now because it's buried inside a garage covered with stuff. It's a 100% rust free car.With no dents or damage. It was running and driving when I had it. Did need the usual fuel system cleaning even back then. My buddy took the tank out and had it cleaned and coated but never put it back in. It's white with a black top that needs replacing with a saddle color column shift buddy seat interior. For options it has power windows (No power vents Matt) AM/FM 8track and cornering lamps. The interior looks good but has seems splitting so it needs redone as does the paint. All moldings are there in good shape. If I get it my plan is to try to get it mechanically sound and paint and interior and drive it. So what do you guys think it's worth? I used to be pretty good at figuring values but now it seems like to me everything is too much money.
When it leaves running and is now non running w/ paint top and interior issues I would pay no more than you sold it for. 2 dr. hard tops appraise at about half of convertible values. On my value scale solid body 5000.00 or less.

Back