Your first car was a _________?

1974 Fury III 4 door Hardtop....given to me by my grandmother.

IMG_1476.JPG

1973 charger se 400 727 auto console buckets but the dark green kinda sucked at that time man I wish I had them now the Mopar Love affair never stopped
The really nice thing about 3rd gen chargers (71'-74').....back seat is cavernous...mine doubled as impromptu motel room more than a few times.

3-1522332054483.jpg

'68 Mustang Fastback. This is not mine but an image I found in the same color mine was, Lime Gold Metallic. I bought it in 1980, my senior year of high school for $600. It was a 49,000 mile car, 289 automatic with a rare (only 258 made) split bench front seat with center armrest. Being a native SW Pennsylvania car the winters had already started taking its toll on the body and underside. Sold it one year later for a '71 Monte Carlo and sold that in '82 for my '68 Fury.

My first car that I actually owned was...a truck. It was a 1973 Silverado 1500. 454 with bolt ons, built turbo 400, ratchet shifter. A fun ride that cost me a lot in traffic fines, and nearly my license.

Then I bought my '74 Roadrunner... I half owned a '68 Roadrunner before that but my "partner" gave up the title to a shop he owed money to....that's another story.

The really nice thing about 3rd gen chargers (71'-74').....back seat is cavernous...mine doubled as impromptu motel room more than a few times.
img013 copy 2.jpg

And those quarter window slats added some privacy.

And if you had a C body, you could have put the skis in the trunk.
I found c body cars have far too much open window glass for my comfort; fairly easy for unwanted eyes to see in or make notice of any "activities" occurring in the back seat, lol.

First car for me was Dads hand me down ‘95 Dakota. Was great little truck. The little 318 and 3.91 suregrip in that small truck made for some great power slides! LOL She took quite the beating. I got smacked twice in it. T boned on the passenger side, that ripped the running board off, and bent the back of the cab/front of the bed. Then rear ended on M-36 in Pinckney. Both times idiots not paying attention... The tranny eventually gave out for the 3rd time, and I was done sinking $$ into it.

D4791094-A3C3-42FF-9376-53D0BA0CF012.jpeg

1FBCF8EB-F36B-4D8C-8239-003378F7E49D.jpeg

“My” first car was the Monaco. Of coarse still have it! Although she looks a little different now a days as you know lol.

22D4B403-2944-422C-81E5-F683055F3971.jpeg

I found c body cars have far too much open window glass for my comfort; fairly easy for unwanted eyes to see in or make notice of any "activities" occurring in the back seat, lol.

But those pillow top seats were as good as a Serta!

Yep, that was the rule.
For Downhill racing we used even longer skis. Then I had a shorter skis for slalom. I couldn’t turn the long ski fast enough.

one like this
th?id=OIP.jpg

not cool. traded before it was even licensed for one of these:
th?id=OIP.jpg
th?id=OIP.jpg

th?id=OIP.jpg

it was our 30th anniversary in june

My first car was a Canadian 1966 Valiant Signet with a 273 Commando. Our 63-66 Valiants up here were actually US Dodge Darts rebadged as a Valiant. It was an four speed with a sure-grip and disc brakes. Spent the better part of a year getting it sorted out as a nice daily driver and ready for paint. One week before it was to go in for paint I got sideswiped by a F-150 and the car was written off. I bought it back from the insurance company and parted it out. No pictures of it, I lost them all when my PC died.

Last edited:
The first car I bought myself was a 1955 Ford Victoria 2-door hardtop, bought as a non-running project in 1967. Dad was a Ford man so I was a Ford man, took awhile to learn why that was no a good thing.

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

'59 Savoy sedan, white. Regrettably the only FL car I'll ever have--back when they were regarded as dated junk. Now, way out of my sub $10k league. Passed down from my grandmother, who--remarkably--kept this Michigan car relatively clean up till 1975, when I got it from her. Ran well enough with the flat 6 for two years. Derided at my snobby private high school by the GM tools in my class.

Back