‘68 Polara. First road trip in 31 years.

Thanks for posting the instruction. Doesn't look like something that can be done without removing the windshield again.

The after market instructions are for after the install. I envision a flat tip on a tube of 3M, that you would insert between the glass and seal (outside) in the channel and go all around. Press down the seal to the glass to squeeze out excess and wipe it down. I think they can do it with out even removing the trim. Although removing the outside trim would maybe allow the seal to open wider from the glass.

Now I have to look in the FSM to see what it says for my car! It's like they have everything in there.

Windshield sealed between the glass and rubber on the outside. Should keep water out as well. He also applied a little more sealer to my bottom rear window corner. Should be waterproof now.
image.jpg

I removed the bottom molding which allows it to open up a little. He took a small plastic putty knife to open the channel so the tube nozzle would fit in there and ran it around. He used tape on the seal and glass to keep the clear sealer from getting everywhere.

Love your Polara and the color! ... not many around anymore and the same with 67 monaco’s like mine. That’s quite the story you have rebuilding it and mine is still in the early stages to glory with a similar color wanted but the body work is an expensive venture here in Alberta Canada. I see you took the front end off and had it carouseld and I think I will do the same for proper restoration as rust in the rear wheel wells n quarters are extensive. I’m still having a hard time to find decent 67/68 Monaco wide anodized side moldings I need so badly to complete the job! Enjoy your beautiful ride...

Well I bought a new windshield for my 67 Monaco 500 restoration and hope it doesn’t leak when I finally get installed! I will find your experience and tips helpful now and will be vigilant in sealant with the installer..... my worries are with the back window as I can’t find a new or good used rubber gasket for the rear windshield and it looks weathered n cracked and leached moisture sitting outside years ago after dad sold the farm due to health issues.

Well I bought a new windshield for my 67 Monaco 500 restoration and hope it doesn’t leak when I finally get installed! I will find your experience and tips helpful now and will be vigilant in sealant with the installer..... my worries are with the back window as I can’t find a new or good used rubber gasket for the rear windshield and it looks weathered n cracked and leached moisture sitting outside years ago after dad sold the farm due to health issues.
Some rear windows had seals some were epoxied in like modern cars. My ‘68 hardtop rear window was epoxied in. Not sure which ones were and weren’t.

Back