1968 300 camshaft questions

Ya I thought it was the pertronix but after messing with it i realized it wasn't. The previous owner had put it in so i dont have the manual or anything. I cant even find a brand name or anything on it. Ya I will drive it around and see if it pings or not. I just thought 40 would be way to high.
I see it has a metal box on the side with the electronics in it, and appears to have the weird-looking vacuum advance unit with the tube on the side instead of the end. It's an off-brand dizzy sold through a number of online places including 440source. I looked at a few but they don't have setup instructions online.

TSP-JM6714BK Mopar BB Ready to Run Electronic Distributor. Black Cap

Street Distributor - "RB" - Ready to Run - New-440 Source

https://kmjperformance.com/big-bloc...-413-440-complete-electronic-distributor.html

https://www.assaultracing.com/item/1213862-r2r-distributor-mopar-413-440-red-cap?category=8122

If you can't figure out how to adjust the mech. advance, try contacting one of the suppliers to se if they can send you instructions.

Good luck with getting set up instructions if you get them I would be surprised they don't even have the curves listed.

Ok so I had it parked for the winter but its almost time to get it out again, because i cant find any info or get any info from any of the suppliers about the distributor curves I think im just gonna order a new distributor. I did a little searching on here and on other sites but haven't made up my mind which one to get. Any recommendations for a distributor? Dont wanna get a really spendy one but also dont wanna buy one thats not gonna last. And vacuum advance or mechanical advance?
Thanks.

If you are going with factory 73-up electronic ignition,Get a distributor from Summit with vacuum advance.
They have a really good curve set in them right out of the box.
Hope this helps.

I use this one since a couple of years back and I'm very pleased with it and the tuneability in both mechanical and vacuum advance.
FireCore Vacuum Advance Electronic Distributor
But you need a Mopar egnition box or simular to make it complete, and of course a coil and ballast (depending on your coil).
My recommendation during the camshaft is Lunati 10230701 or 10230702 with that heavy car, I use 10230701 in my 383 Polara -66 and I'm very pleased with it, makes a lot of torque and pulls real good up to 5.500-6.000 rpm

Back