1968 LeBaron

Yep... The gm guys can go to every parts house on the corner, and build a whole car... I'd rather hunt my parts down , and know that I drive a unique car than oh yeah paco, and his neighbors all have those....

Oh you'll be in there more than once, I can almost garauntee it!
LOL! Matt...I think I can do it in my sleep! Did one side vent window motor, then the other, by the time I was done with the second side, the first started to act up again! Lol... gotta have lots of patience with these things, but the end result is phenomenal!

The drive gear is mounted to a rubber puck that acts as a shock absorber when the glass hits the full up or down position. This puck deteriorates over time and eventually crumbles apart. It's fixable though so if your glass doesn't move but you can still hear the motor working it's an easy repair.

Does this drive gear repair improve the long-term reliability? (fixable by either replacing with 3 nuts OR the fuel lines wrapped in fuel hose trick listed elsewhere on this site)

What goes wrong with the motors? Brushes? Electric motors typically do not fail.

I think most issues with the electric motors themselves would be corrosion that might be consistent with moisture and lack of use. The nuts are a permanent fix for the drive gear and I haven't seen the tube/hose combo before.

I think most issues with the electric motors themselves would be corrosion that might be consistent with moisture and lack of use. The nuts are a permanent fix for the drive gear and I haven't seen the tube/hose combo before.
I'm covered six ways to Sunday for the coming of the Zombie Apocolypse.

YRWJAEMh.jpg

The window motor is only one component that can cause some grief in this system. Putting a car like yours with all of its relatively intricate electrical and mechanical systems made more delicate by time back in service after who knows how long requires almost constant attention. Electrical connections, the Switches themselves, the motors, the regulators and the glass and the hardware that keeps it secure and aligned, that's just the doors.

OK, Advise me guys.

I am looking for products that are good to clean the leather interior and the top with that dont dry them out. I know that your typical vinyl products are bad for leather and most leather products are also bad for leather.

Advise away geniuses.

I use this stuff.
http://www.lexol.com
It has been discussed at length if you use the advanced search tool I bet you'd find the thread.

Connolly Hide food...also a great product...the jar looks exactly like Bob's Bentley hide food jar...I'm guessing that Connolly makes it for Bentley just like they did for Jaguar. The first time I used it was on an XJS Jaguar I had. Connolly is the leather supplier for most high end cars. Jaguar, Bentley, Rolls, Lotus etc. I've used a few different brands but I like it the best. I'm sure there are other great products too.

Back