1969 sport fury headrest differences?

The difference: there is a notch for the against-seat position on the bench-type. There is no notch for the against-seat position on the bucket/type, as well as no notch in between. There is technically NOT a “lowered position”, by design. But I agree that it’s:thumbsup: semantics.

In case anyone missed it, polara71 disagrees with me. Twice. Care to clarify?

There certainly is at least two positions up /down , one lower one upper

Besides the obvious physical differences in appearance (I know, that’s redundant), the bench-type are moveable up or down, while the bucket-type are fixed.

In case anyone missed it, polara71 disagrees with me. Twice. Care to clarify?

No need to elaborate, You learned though this thread that they were operable . Fair enough ?

Intended for one position only.

We are
deadhorse.gif
. I have always looked at it as an infinitely adjustable headrest, with the stop there to prevent raising it too far.
shruggy.gif

But the step tries to prevent pushing it down, not pulling it up. Am I wrong? And please demonstrate why.
I know on my Monaco, all I need to do is give it a tap on top to get it out of the detent, but it takes a real effort to remove them.

So, assuming that others are correct and this is intended to be an “infinitely adjustable” headrest, can somebody please explain to me why the bench-style has more than one notch? And specifically, why a notch to hold the headrest against the seat?

I know on my Monaco, all I need to do is give it a tap on top to get it out of the detent, but it takes a real effort to remove them.
I’ve not had a C body with these headrests but for what it’s worth, my B body is the opposite. In spades.

Perhaps others with this style headrest will chime in with notes on the ease with which their’s move up or down.

it's been a while and i'm going by memory here. the headrests will interchange but only if you change the hardware inside the seat. as noted above, the notches are on different sides of the posts , bucket vs. bench. the headrests are a friction fit. the lower notch keeps them from pulling completely out. there is a metal tang that slides against the posts and into the notch when completely extended. that is why you have to pound on them to get them back down.
the bucket headrests with the bench hardware will be too loose to stay in any position plus they will pull out easily.(notches on the wrong side).
the posts are curved to pitch the headrest (i can't remember if they move forward or back) as it raises and lowers.
i can't recall why there are three notches on the bench head rests. the pieces inside the seat are reproduced and were on ebay at one time. maybe the pictures there would make it more clear.

s-l1600.jpg

in the center of the picture is the head rest hardware. just remembered that the chrome plates are different too.

Back