? 300 Hurst

Xenon

Reaction score
Anyone know about this car and what happened...?

See The Most Depressing Fate of a Rare Chrysler 300 Hurst
WRECKEDHURST.JPG

Yes, I bought it and parted it out. Lots of nice parts came off that car, and the engine/trans was fine too.
The owners of the car were elderly, and both survived with only relatively minor issues that cleared up in about a month. They ran off the road during some rain on a sharp curve and hit a tree at about 55 mph as estimated by the driver ( I talked with him and his wife about a month after the accident). The car actually had 109K miles on it, not 9K as stated in the article. Copart thought it was in such nice shape, it must have been only 9K miles, but I never belived it when I bought it, and in talking to the previous owners, they confirmed that the engine had been rebuilt just before their trip to a Chrysler 300 club meet as I recall in Arkansas. The previous owners resided in Detroit.

Last edited:
I love how you guys say there are all these Hurst for sale. If you really pay attention it is around the same 12 or so cars coming up for sale all the time. Mainly they are not sold due to the high dollar amounts wanted or people buy them and then realize there are little to no parts available and the cost of body work outweighs what the car is worth. I have one I am restoring and it is hard to find parts but that is the fun for me. When done I will still have something rare whether you guys want to admit it or not!

I do not believe anyone said they were not rare...
But 100,000 rare they are not!!!!
Rusty, trashed interior, primer spots for 20,000,, nooo,, not that rare either....

I do not believe anyone said they were not rare...
But 100,000 rare they are not!!!!
Rusty, trashed interior, primer spots for 20,000,, nooo,, not that rare either....
I'm basing my opinion off of the many threads on Hursts in this forum along with the post above mine. It has been stated many times.

The Hurst convertible they want 100,000 for has history none of the others do. I think it is worth more than the average Hurst in equal condition. Maybe not 100,000 but still significantly more.

I couldnt care less how rare (or not) they are. However, they are definately cool cars; I'd drive and have as much fun as reasonably possible with it.

Back