62 New Yorker....will be the death of me...greetings from California

IMG_1151 (1).JPGIMG_1153.JPG

IMG_1151 (1).JPG

IMG_1153.JPG

These were taken in June. I just saw her on Friday and the body work is almost complete. Had to get my engine re-sleeved with new pistons and everything. Apparently the last time I had a new engine built they didn't do something right because it wouldn't budge. Rusted out, frozen and looks like anti-freeze got into the cylinders. I got to put 200 miles on that engine before the car went into storage. The new build should start in a week or so, then off to paint.

One of the issuez with the 413 AND the early 383 were that they used cast iron ringz. (When cast iron ringz set in the same spot in cast iron cylinder wallz after ah time they become one) Have your builder use chrome molly piston ringz when you do the build this time. And let us know if you found the new hood at Big-M. Theirz ah few other places on the left coast that might have it too, Jer

Great to see your progress, keep the updates coming.

Ok, update....the painting has just started. Ended up doing repair work on the hood. Cut some out and used rust mortem on the rest. I am on vacation in Scotland right now, but Jeff at Devious Customs in so Cal just sent me an email letting me know they started painting. I don't have any pics yet. I will ask him for some to mark the progress.

Back