'65 New Yorker bringing it back to life thread-

Grab a set of both. Did you check the intake (or exhaust I forgot which one you pulled). Might need a rod and rocker for it as well

That's the plan, do far- pulling them apart, and sending the scope down there soon. Thx.

Kinda cold in the garage today...warmed up my day with installing the seat covers correct. Fits like it's supposed to be there after loosening some screws and back panel. Gonna order another for the back seat for sure. Not bad for $30 shipped-

20200413_162525.jpg

20200413_162544.jpg

Sending unit retainer ring fit very nice.

Straps, however, are not exact. Same total length, and same mounting bolt and bend at the sending unit end- but strait, missing bends at the gas filler side.

I will be removing the old tank and replacing with the new one tomorrow. I will match up the bends in the straps, and get a side by side comparison of the new and old gas tanks.
20200414_142303.jpg
20200414_142538.jpg

Grab a set of both. Did you check the intake (or exhaust I forgot which one you pulled). Might need a rod and rocker for it as well

It was the intake.

Got 2 rods (just in case) and a rocker coming soon, thx.

you'll know for sure once it goes in, but the right side with that angle on the original might be an issue depending what it was cut for.

If it's not... you probably picked up an additional 1/4 gallon of capacity... LOL

you'll know for sure once it goes in, but the right side with that angle on the original might be an issue depending what it was cut for.

If it's not... you probably picked up an additional 1/4 gallon of capacity... LOL

The new tank is smaller- 18 gallon.

So far measurements look good, but like you said- instillation will be the truth...

Gonna get it installed after I feed the kids lunch and start dinner. Fingers crossed.

I wouldnt call this an "exact" fit, but it's a good fit. Hardest part was getting the bends right at the rear on the straps. Everything lined up "close enough" to perfect.

20200415_162952.jpg
20200415_163053.jpg
20200415_163606.jpg
20200415_163652.jpg

Sending unit retainer ring fit very nice.

Straps, however, are not exact. Same total length, and same mounting bolt and bend at the sending unit end- but strait, missing bends at the gas filler side.

I will be removing the old tank and replacing with the new one tomorrow. I will match up the bends in the straps, and get a side by side comparison of the new and old gas tanks.View attachment 368447 View attachment 368448
Did that ring press well on that sender? The aftermarket ones are thinner. They don't press enough on the seal

Centered with the frame perfect for adding dual exhaust.

Also, to help get the bends better-

20200415_165222.jpg

Did that ring press well on that sender? The aftermarket ones are thinner. They don't press enough on the seal

Just realized I used the one that came with the sending unit, and not to tank...

The one that came with the sending unit was super tight. Thinker than my stock one after it was cleaned for sure. The gasket was nice too.

The one with the tank looks like the metal itself is plenty think, but the raised portion is not as high as the original-

20200415_170356.jpg
20200415_170405.jpg

And carbs ust puking fuel...

Starting to think this cars more than I originally figured...

I'm still in though....already this far...

Back