66 300

opus65

Reaction score
I will try to get the picture here of something I may want. Realize not much from one pic can tell the story but relying on everybody's sharp eyes to tell me what they see.

Believe he is asking in the 18k neighborhood. 127k original miles, "leather top" Chrysler dealer car.
Thanks

90025503_646252916109406_7164248720970612736_n.jpg

That’s a stunning beauty!!!:wideyed::wideyed:

I will try to get the picture here of something I may want. Realize not much from one pic can tell the story but relying on everybody's sharp eyes to tell me what they see.

Believe he is asking in the 18k neighborhood. 127k original miles, "leather top" Chrysler dealer car.
Thanks

View attachment 372642

Looks like it could be a really nice car. Although attractive, the leather top is not correct. It should be vinyl. The red painted stripe in the upper chrome molding is a '65 300-L adornment. The '66 would be unpainted. The left front turn signal parking lamp lens looks like it might be cracked, but I can't really tell. Don't get me wrong here. I really like the car!

Try and get a picture of the fender tag and some additional photos of the interior and the rest of the car.

Tell the seller I'll give him $2500 for it. . . :poke:

Note above edit.

Last edited:
Check the tail light bezels, today they're made of unobtainium. VERY expensive if you're lucky enough to find nice ones to match the condition of the rest of the car. Wheels look good on there but not original. The original hubcaps were very nice if that's an option you prefer.

Great looking car! What other equipment and options are on it will determine if the $18k is fair or not. Good Luck!

The red painted stripe in the upper chrome molding is a '65 300-L adornment

I was thinking something looked "off" (regardless of how nice) about that stripe...……..it IS a nice car, not sure about that price though...….

nice buick :poke:. that top does look odd, even in the picture.

Here is the info I have from the owner,

"the Chrysler is a 1 family owned, original car w/123k miles i bought in Williamsport, PA and drove back to IN. it is a'66 300 XP convertible 383ci/325hp/torque flight 727, that is original "leather look" top
rare, interior immaculate
straight old car
drive anywhere
ordered by chrysler dealer for personal vehicle
i bought from his son"

I am not sure what is with the top. I pegged the car as a Sport Convertible and owner came back with the XP. I think the red is striking but, I could not find another 66 with it. You eagle eyes solved that with the 65 info. Parking light does appear to have a crack...great eyes guys. May be some kind of a dent in the middle bar of the beak. Thanks to all for the info and insight.
Maybe I can talk the Feds into buying it for me as an essential vehicle.:icon_fU:

Never heard the XP designation but I sure would like to see more of the car.

Here is the info I have from the owner,

"the Chrysler is a 1 family owned, original car w/123k miles i bought in Williamsport, PA and drove back to IN. it is a'66 300 XP convertible 383ci/325hp/torque flight 727, that is original "leather look" top
rare, interior immaculate
straight old car
drive anywhere
ordered by chrysler dealer for personal vehicle
i bought from his son"

I am not sure what is with the top. I pegged the car as a Sport Convertible and owner came back with the XP. I think the red is striking but, I could not find another 66 with it. You eagle eyes solved that with the 65 info. Parking light does appear to have a crack...great eyes guys. May be some kind of a dent in the middle bar of the beak. Thanks to all for the info and insight.
Maybe I can talk the Feds into buying it for me as an essential vehicle.:icon_fU:

The seller's description sounds like typical "dealer jibberish." I think he made up the "300 XP" designation. . . I wonder if he has any documentation that would verify that.

My 68 300 convertible has a glass back window. Don’t know if that’s the case for a 66. Looks like there is a curve in the back window on that pic. Is it plastic? Original??

Back