66 Fury MANUAL to POWER drum BRAKES

Your car should only have a distribution block. The proportioning valve would be used for disc/drum applications. If you follow your brake line down to the frame, you will see the fitting down there.

In case you are going to change to a dual master

Nice graphics!!! :thumbsup:

I'm serious and not being a smart *** either. Just didn't want you to take it the wrong way.

Your car should only have a distribution block. The proportioning valve would be used for disc/drum applications. If you follow your brake line down to the frame, you will see the fitting down there.

In case you are going to change to a dual master
He keeps insisting he wants to simply stick a booster on the firewall... :binkybaby:

I have a complete power brake setup from a 1967 Plymouth Fury. I have the power brake pedal/Rod assembly, booster and master cylinder. I can be reached at 210-843-9063 or by email at jasons85dodgeram@hotmail.com.

What exactly do I need since my stock Fury has MANUAL drum brakes now. I just want them to be power brakes

Thanks!

67 fury powerbrakes.jpg

67 fury powerbrakes2.jpg

67 fury powerbrakes3.jpg

Last edited:
i was looking at boosters, and have a question - one booster says pedal rod ID 7c , and one booster says pedal rod ID 7cd.

anyone know what thats all about?

thanks -
- saylor

I just converted my 65 fury to power brake with a 67 kit, booster and master cylinder, I wanted dual section master cylinder for safety.

Fist attempt dind't work out good, when I connected the vacuum hose the brake pedal kept going to the floor applying the brake by itself. After a while I realised that it nedded a spring to hold the brake pedal up and keep it from depressing by itself.

So I' m wandering if I had a brake pedal assemly from a 1967 would it have a spring built in?

Back