NOT MINE '66 Newport FS, I'd love to see the comments!!

Scoopy G

Reaction score
Here's a 66 Newport that just came up for sale in Tampa. I'd be interested to hear the comments.

"This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed or the privacy settings of the post may have changed"

uhh...was it this one? 1966 Chrysler Newport - $7,000 - Tampa, FL
144295844_4331235956892596_5227756939683239729_n.png

Last edited:
Yes, that's the car. I copied/pasted the link but got the result you see in my post. I did something wrong I guess. Thanks for fixing that.

Nice car, eh? I am really tempted to drive my '67 Newport up there and tell the guy I have exactly 7K in my car.

103_0874.JPG

My first car was a ‘66 2 dr. This car has huge holes in the driver’s side floor boards, so I think $7grand is a stretch. My price would be $2500.

Oooph... that RUUUUUSTY... which is really too bad, cuz man, that car is incredibly straight.

Every piece of trim, the skirts, doors, quarters, hood grille, bumpers, all align perfectly. That glove box door is the most aligned 65-66 Chrysler glove box door I've ever seen.

Yes, that's the car. I copied/pasted the link but got the result you see in my post. I did something wrong I guess. Thanks for fixing that.

Nice car, eh? I am really tempted to drive my '67 Newport up there and tell the guy I have exactly 7K in my car.

View attachment 437628
Great Looking Newport. As for the one in the add, $7,000.00 is way to much for it. IMHO if it is a runner, $2,000.00, if not running deduct from there.

I'm guessing that paint is supposed to be Saddle Bronze. Interior colour (Saddle Bronze) is the same split-bench style as my Windsor when I got it, but this car is BEAT. Here are a couple more pics which I copied from the FB ad. There are no underhood photos, but the air cleaner sitting in the backseat is not reassuring.

218727_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=3&_nc_sid=c48759&_nc_ohc=VZM3z7jhY20AX8_KDvj&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.jpg

277445_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=3&_nc_sid=c48759&_nc_ohc=mwpx_rUVk7sAX-12dnf&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.jpg

511069_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=3&_nc_sid=c48759&_nc_ohc=oQQeTraYwH0AX8rZmAa&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.jpg

It's got the best of both worlds, back east rust AND out west interior sunburn. :lol:
It's almost like it was owned by anti-snowbirds, summering in FLA and travelling north in the winter to go skiing or something. However there is no rot through the rear quarters, lower trim attachment points, and just above the skirts though. Those would be common in places with winter snow and road salt use. The car was just really humid and sweating on the inside a lot?

It's almost like it was owned by anti-snowbirds, summering in FLA and travelling north in the winter to go skiing or something. However there is no rot through the rear quarters, lower trim attachment points, and just above the skirts though. Those would be common in places with winter snow and road salt use. The car was just really humid and sweating on the inside a lot?
Probably spent a lot of time near the coast.

Too many Heineken's not enough maintenance and care and regular service at your local dealership. Bet those seats were beautiful when new.:(

I am really confused and am scratching my head; what is this?

66 Newport FS

FS??

Really??? It's that easy??

Honestly, I had no idea. I'm thinking "Factory Sport," "Fast Slope," "Fort Sedan???"

I don't like the new nomenclature. Had to ask a guy what "ISO" meant? Can't we just say For Sale, Searching For????

Really??? It's that easy??

Honestly, I had no idea. I'm thinking "Factory Sport," "Fast Slope," "Fort Sedan???"

I don't like the new nomenclature. Had to ask a guy what "ISO" meant? Can't we just say For Sale, Searching For????
Get with the times, old man. :poke:

Since text messaging was invented, a whole new language has emerged.

I confess @Snotty that sometimes have to look them up. For the longest time I could NOT figure out what SMH meant, when used in a Facebook post for example. Turns out it means Shaking My Head.

There's a lot of them...

I could imagine that for some overly large cars, FS could stand for FlabSide...
:lol:

Back