67-68 Fury Picture thread

Fury Survivor 318ci A/T in Germany

073.jpg

Great and exciting news, finally after a year and a half our '67 Sport Fury convertible "H" code 383 4bbl is out of paint prison and is back home. We went and got the car back about a month ago now, and there is still alot to do on it yet to put it fully back together. We still gotta put all the glass in, new carpet in (when it gets here), seats and the rest of the interior in, trim on, and maybe repaint the engine and I think some other stuff that I can't currently think of off the top of my head. We expect it to be all ready and completely done and driving by next car show season next year in 2023......

conv home 1.jpg

conv home 2.jpg

conv home 3.jpg

conv home 4.jpg

conv home 5.jpg

conv 6.jpg

conv home 7.jpg

conv sun.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone seen this one before? Says he's the 3rd owner.

1967 Fury III. 440 21k miles 80-90% original paint 100% original interior

1967 Fury III. 440 21k miles 80-90% original paint 100% original interior.jpg

This one just showed up at the junkyard near me, 68 fury III 318/727 car. Let me know if anyone needs anything off it. It's a Bit of a rust bucket on the underside but relatively intact parts wise

IMG_20221206_152621769.jpg

1967 Sport Fury, 440 4 speed car. Just got it this winter. Can't wait for some nice weather so I can get it out and drive it.

Screenshot_20230131-113201.png

IMG_20230208_170227054_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230204_161446216_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230204_160658938.jpg

I would have bet that your car was a "sold car" (ordered by buyer) but it's not. It would have a "U" code on the plate. Very rare car! Nice find!
I don't believe that is always true. My similar '67 was ordered by the original owner & also personally walked down the assembly line yet it also does not have that code.

Anyone out there have a 67-68 Fury that hasn't posted ?
Yep. I just saw this thread, and @tallhair that question is from 2015.

I've had this since 1997 and bought from the original owner. Was a completely original car with 318 and 110k on it.
I drove it frequently for about 8 years and put another 80k miles on it.

It's gone thru some changes over the years - a few wheel/tire combinations, now has a 440, FF t-bars and swaybar, 15x8 Ramcharger rims on the rear with a slightly-narrower B-body axle and relo'd leafspring brackets, painted roof.

Seems to maybe have had 1 repaint before I got it. I had to do some rust repair around the rear wheels, covered with low-quality paint touchup. Photo timestamps say I did that ~20 years ago, and only 1 small bump has developed in it, so I guess I did a fair job.

I'm hoping to devote some time to it in summer of 2023 and give it some much-deserved love, repairs and upgrades.

Side story:
Coincidentally, I found a sister car to mine one shortly after, and I stopped in to meet the owner. Like the guy that had mine, he was the original owner.
His was also a 68, but a Sport, 383-2, buckets/console, and a fasttop. But his and mine were both white with green interior and green VT.
I inquired if he ever wanted to sell to contact me. He was in his mid-60s at that time and a few years later he did call me.
I was super excited at the thought of having sister cars, but his had a rusty trunk and that killed it for me. (consider this was back in ~2000 and we could be more picky).
So I passed.

I then saw the car began living in a garage near me, a crappy garage that had no door. I felt bad. It was there for a few years, and I never saw it be out of the garage. Then one day house and garage were gone, demolished for new construction. That was maybe around 2005?

Then 2 years ago I saw it on FB, and I'm 99% sure it's the same car. It hasn't fared as well as mine -- aside from the obvious rust, the description says it also has rust under the VT.
Seeing it did give regret I hadn't gotten and preserved that old guy's car for him.

But at least, for the older guy I bought mine from - I told him I'd be keeping it forever, and 26 years later I still love it and have zero intention to sell.
I now live in the town he lived in at that time, and I looked for him a few times in teh past. I eventually found that he had moved out west and had passed on a few years ago. I should've tried harder, sooner.

1680225940547.jpeg

Back