67 VIP fast top trim

Reaction score
Went to look at a 67 Fury VIP fasttop last night, pretty solid car. The car is missing the wide stainless trim on the right rear 1/4. Unobtainium?? Any VIP owners out there have any experience trying to find these pieces? From what I can tell there were only 7000 or so VIP fast tops built in 67. Gotta be tough to find, right?

If that's THE car and it really is THE one, you still buy the car because somehow, somewhere, you'll find it if you're really serious about it.
The present owner isnt.

Went to look at a 67 Fury VIP fasttop last night, pretty solid car. The car is missing the wide stainless trim on the right rear 1/4. Unobtainium?? Any VIP owners out there have any experience trying to find these pieces? From what I can tell there were only 7000 or so VIP fast tops built in 67. Gotta be tough to find, right?

I know you can't buy these parts at the dealer any more. But there not that hard to locate. You haven't seen one because you haven't looked for one. Don't let that kill the sale, there out there. 7000 units is a lot of cars.
I have a 61 Plymouth Fury. Parts are like chicken lips ........ But I've located just about every piece of trim I needed, and some I didn't need, in NOS or excellent used condition.

Murray Park in Tiffin Ohio may have what you need. He is a C body salvage yard. I believe his web site is cbodies.com. VIPs are a great looking car that you don't see a lot of. Good luck.

Back