70 Hurst 300 on Barrett-Jackson

The vinyl top was dealer installed when the car was new. A friend of mine just bought a 1970 300 convertible, and included in the sale were a bunch of 1980's vintage 300 Club newsletters. By odd luck, there was an article about this car in one of them.

They said it was a 1970 300H "custom"

I heard that too, but what the announcers say doesn't matter a whole bunch. They never mentioned that the '57 Dodge D-501 was a fake when it went across the block.

You could almost consider the paint job custom, since the gold is not the correct color.

Need to find out what car the washer bottle came from. It fits in there pretty nice.

20190118_132442-jpg.jpg

Looking for opinions on my 70 300 . Would it be better to clone it as a Hurst show car or go with a Hurst coupe clone. It came with a complete white Legendary interior kit. Probably sell it some day and wondering what would appeal to most people ,when that day comes . Or just go with something diffrettnt paint wise ,such as a black and gold paint scheme , blue and white ect? Thanks
20171123_142501.jpg

Do you have the Hurst trunk lid and end caps? If you don't, making a Hurst clone is going to be tough. The hoods were much easier to find than the trunk lids.

Jeff

Do you have the Hurst trunk lid and end caps? If you don't, making a Hurst clone is going to be tough. The hoods were much easier to find than the trunk lids.

Jeff

Everything is there , hood ,trunk , end caps, trunk releases , hood pin latches . A friend bought it this way over 25+ years ago.

I just re-read your post more carefully. If you plan to sell a car in the future, your best bet is almost always to stay as close to stock as possible. The money you would get from selling the Hurst parts, plus what you would get for the car will likely add up to more than the customized car would get. There's been plenty of 300 Hurst convertible clones for sale over the years, and they don't attract any special attention. The black and gold has been done already too. If you were planning to keep the car forever, I would say do what you like best, but that's not the case here.

For easy comparison:

Your car
1970 300 Conv white.JPG

The real 300 Hurst convertible
1970 300 Hurst Conv real.JPG

300 Hurst convertible clone
1970-Chrysler-300H-convertible-3qtr-rear.jpg

Gold and black custom
HurstCVT2.jpg

Jeff

You have a nice 300 vert as stock. Is it originally all white? Have to agree with Jeff, the clone will always have that stigma, small market attraction, but a decently done 300 convertible is priceless. However, if you were to keep the hood (personally don't like the Hurst tail), then I'd go with all body color and avoid the two-tone color. It would give it a clean custom look that is neither clone nor stock. My 2 cents.

You have a nice 300 vert as stock. Is it originally all white? Have to agree with Jeff, the clone will always have that stigma, small market attraction, but a decently done 300 convertible is priceless. However, if you were to keep the hood (personally don't like the Hurst tail), then I'd go with all body color and avoid the two-tone color. It would give it a clean custom look that is neither clone nor stock. My 2 cents.

Talked to a friend today ,long time body guy and he had the same idea. I like it and I think that is the way to go. :thankyou:

Back