Another project

How's the molding tape handle the textured surface?

Surprisingly really well actually. I was quite shocked at how well the tape on both the emblems, and visors grabbed the stuff.

The decals on the tailgate were not as happy going on as the tape though. Took a hair dryer, and got the decals nice and warm, making them real pliable to get into all the little nooks and what not. But they are doing good as well.

I don't mind the idea, but I would also spray them to match the truck.

Really? Honestly I was going for a little contrast if I did put some on. Something to break up the green a little. But would look good body color as well now that you mention it.

Really? Honestly I was going for a little contrast if I did put some on. Something to break up the green a little. But would look good body color as well now that you mention it.

If I was to make them black, I would also do the lower body between the wheels (where it used to be silver) in black as well. This would tie the top of the bumpers into the flares, and tie the flares together.

I was thinking black on the flares, but the lower portion of the truck in black also would look good.

I can’t do it.... I hate 2 tones lol idk why, just always have. It was hard enough for me painting the front bumper, but the chrome was shot, so I got over it.

What do you guys think about some fender flares on it??
You know, you wouldn't have to deal with all this crap if you'd just gone with a nice 2wd and gas engine... :poke:

Plus, I wouldn't be able to make fun of you anymore for needing a step ladder... I believe Sabrina mentioned something about "running boards, like NORMAL people" :poke::lol:

Gave the truck its first “detail”. Sure does take a minute getting used to. Feels like your washing the truck with a scotch pad lol. Stuff does hide dirt pretty well.

The ceramic coating is on. Used up the whole bottle. Its still drying. Did seem to make the truck a little glossier, and smoother. We’ll see what it’s like when it dries.

F676568D-C136-44FA-A873-EBDB7383B7D4.jpeg
60FC0CD4-9F7A-4CCC-BB0B-0497659E37C7.jpeg
1A7E5FFB-FD44-43EF-B843-65A40E917741.jpeg

The truck was pretty popular at the gas station today. Got quite a few compliments. One guy wanted to talk for an hour it seemed. Was pretty impressed at how well it came out. He was contemplating doing his new Chevy in the liner. Think we sealed the deal for him today lol.

It does look good, just say NO to the running board idea though.
Poor Sabrina won't thank you for that one... she was talking about her truck when she said it...
82ea4f67-bbc4-491d-9d25-4973ccbc61ca-jpeg.jpg

She'd have to do chin ups to get into this thing... :lol:
1a7e5ffb-fd44-43ef-b843-65a40e917741-jpeg.jpg

Zac, you did a fine job... I can't help myself... I just can't get my head around 4x4 culture. :)

No running boards here! If I did, they would be the fancy electric kind that pop out when you open the door, and go back up. Too rich for my blood however lol.

I spoke a little too soon. Seems the emblem were not liking the coating as much as I thought. I got the driver side one on good now, but had to glue the passenger side on. It fell tape side down in the dirt. Cleaned it, but lost most of the adhesive on the tape...

The ceramic coating has been doing good. Hell the masking tape didn’t even want to stick to it.

0B5055C1-4865-4532-9CB0-A6A406CFC0B0.jpeg

72FC06C4-12E6-4C81-9F23-036606AC103A.jpeg

CCA8FDC9-5167-4BBA-965F-9EFBFC009189.jpeg

I dropped her off at Sabrina’s dealer yesterday. She got some new tint all the way around. 5% on sides and back. 50% on the windshield. Looks much better! Don’t mind the dirt. She is filthy at the moment. Been raining non stop. I’ve noticed the color lightens up quite a bit when it’s wet. Weird....

7094AAD8-1262-48FD-AFF3-D4D045A1A11A.jpeg

2DA4E3FD-D97A-4949-9EAB-E696C142E6B7.jpeg

View attachment 237311

Possibly because the water smooths out the texture a bit and you lose some of the shadowing effect

She works at the local Chrysler dealer. Been there a couple years now. Place is a s#it hole though.... Boss is a dickless POS. (Woops did I say that out loud) lol....

I was on vacation a year or so back. Sabrina wanted to be nice, and take my ‘03 in for the passenger side airbag recall while I was outa town. The monkey working on it managed to crack the whole top of my dash. I got back a couple days later to discover it. Sabrina goes in to ask about what they can do. His reply to his own employee is “you can’t prove we did it”. Needless to say none of my vehicles have been back.

There is a body shop next door to the dealer (big auto mall) where I got the tint done at. Guy did a pretty decent job. I did however make sure to take a few date stamped pics of the dash before leaving lol pretty bad when it gets to that point IMO

That would make sense for the color. Is possible. Though water barely sticks to the coating.. idk

She works at the local Chrysler dealer. Been there a couple years now. Place is a s#it hole though.... Boss is a dickless POS. (Woops did I say that out loud) lol....

I was on vacation a year or so back. Sabrina wanted to be nice, and take my ‘03 in for the passenger side airbag recall while I was outa town. The monkey working on it managed to crack the whole top of my dash. I got back a couple days later to discover it. Sabrina goes in to ask about what they can do. His reply to his own employee is “you can’t prove we did it”. Needless to say none of my vehicles have been back.

There is a body shop next door to the dealer (big auto mall) where I got the tint done at. Guy did a pretty decent job. I did however make sure to take a few date stamped pics of the dash before leaving lol pretty bad when it gets to that point IMO

That would make sense for the color. Is possible. Though water barely sticks to the coating.. idk
Ohhhh....that kind of dealer.

The truck came out great Zac ... I loved reading through this thread! Post some updates as you can

Thank you! Glad you like it. I’m really happy with the raptor liner. If doing it again, I would order another kit for one more light coat. There’s a couple lite spots, and some blotches. But good for a daily beater.

She just keeps chugging along. She had to take the K car up to the shop today. I threw in the towel on some front end work, and gonna make it someone else’s headache lol.

73EFD713-AA7C-40E1-870C-F9D8DB8BC1F4.jpeg

Thank you! Glad you like it. I’m really happy with the raptor liner. If doing it again, I would order another kit for one more light coat. There’s a couple lite spots, and some blotches. But good for a daily beater.

She just keeps chugging along. She had to take the K car up to the shop today. I threw in the towel on some front end work, and gonna make it someone else’s headache lol.

View attachment 255967
Is that Sabrina’s car on the trailer?

View attachment 255967
Steering rack? I did one on jack stands back in the 90's... but I was a LOT skinnier back then. I think you made the right call.

Is that Sabrina’s car on the trailer?

Yea, that’s Sabrina’s daily driver. It is quite a nice little car. Key word there though is “little”. Too little for my fat *** crawling around under it lmao.

She had a couple tempting offers on it. It was a thought as my 03 ram is just sitting neglected. Something quite a bit newer, with more creature comfort/what not. But she decided she wants to keep the caravelle going. She seems to really like it.

Steering rack? I did one on jack stands back in the 90's... but I was a LOT skinnier back then. I think you made the right call.

No rack yet... hubs, trans axles, and a trans service.

I broke an extension, and a breaker bar trying to remove the passenger side caliper braket bolts! Not rusty by no means, idk what their deal was. They came out with a little heat afterwards....

The new hubs are a sealed unit. I think I split the original hub housing trying the remove it. The innerds came out with the body still in the knuckle. I said F this after that. Was able to half *** get it back together, and get it on the trailer lol.

Damn front wheel drive voodoo cars lol. I’ll stick with my easy RWD junk!

Back