Anyone paint the bumpers?

Gotta disagree with you on "not a cool car". I think my Fury is badass, cool and not a monster C body like some. I guess I'm from the other camp!? LOL.

I guess this isn't cool, even though it does have chrome bumpers? LMAO..!!

I agree with you on cool car, that's for sure. As for having your way with her, well, that's between you & your girl. I prolly wouldn't paint her lime green & add a big hood scoop & some badging but...... I think you'll be ok if you sand the bumpers down & paint them.

All depends how much you respect that it's first and foremost a Chrysler C-body and not a cool car to have your way with.
Then there's the other camp...

Gotta disagree with you on "not a cool car". I think my Fury is badass, cool and not a monster C body like some. I guess I'm from the other camp!? LOL.

I guess this isn't cool, even though it does have chrome bumpers? LMAO..!!
I just noticed your rear bumper. The devil is in the details. VERY nice touch.

Posted via Topify using Android

I don't have any problem with painting the bumpers if they needed to be rechromed anyway. It doesn't look good on every car, but on a car that has a modified or hot rod theme it can look good. I can't see that the lime green Fury would look any nicer with chrome bumpers.

C-bodies aren't cool? They're every bit as cool as any other car. :)

Bottom line. Sometimes it works. Most times it doesn't.

ImageProxy.mvc

I agree, it's all about it looking good. If I do end up painting them gray and it looks like ****,.I'll strip the paint off. I do agree if you are doing a restore, then yes chrome bumpers are the way to go,.but in my case, my car is not stock and that's the way I like it/wanted it. I wanted the car to have a hotrod feel/look to it and it does. I like totally restored cars too, but 9 out of 10 times they are garage/shows queens and that's cool if you're into that. I want to be able to jump in my car, hear the cam, hit the pedal and know there is serious horse power under the hood that will dust most new cars on the street and the best thing about it!!,..it's a C Body. It's just something Ive always went for when building cars. I like nasty! The nastier the better. When I whack the pedal to the floor doing 40/45 and bring the shifter down to first and she jumps and the shift light pops on at 5800/6000 and I hit second it's a feeling that is so exciting to me. I just love this ****!

I'll post some pics after I paint the rear bumper and you guys can let me know if ya's like it or not.

Has anyone painted there bumpers like this? My bumpers are pretty shot and I can't afford to rechrome them,..so I thought of doing this. They are straight and have no dents. My front bumper is already the same color of the car but the rear is chrome, but in pretty bad shape. I think it looks pretty nice painted gray. What do you guys think?

When did you got the current issue of Mopar Muscle? I've subscribed it last month and it'S still not here... I was sure it will talk a while to germany, but this long...?!

my bumpers had some surface rust, and were not looking too great, so i plastidipped them which protects whats left and peals off easily when i want to and its easily repaired if scratched. Works for now until I can re-chrome what I've got.

When did you got the current issue of Mopar Muscle? I've subscribed it last month and it'S still not here... I was sure it will talk a while to germany, but this long...?!

I got the current issue last week. I would call them.

here's my GTX bumpers done in a powdercoat called new chrome with a clear overlay.
sjd

Wow,.that does look really good. One of my friends in the car club does powder coating. I'll give him a shout. Post some pics when you get them on the car.

the biggest deal is getting all the chrome off the old bumpers.... they are really nice, but there's a couple areas where the pitting was very bad... (the cloudy spot under the LR taillight...)

sjd

the biggest deal is getting all the chrome off the old bumpers.... they are really nice, but there's a couple areas where the pitting was very bad... (the cloudy spot under the LR taillight...)

sjd

I thought that was just the camera. Still they look great. The chrome on mine isn't peeling, but pretty pitted. I was thinking of scotch brite then painting with filler primer then sanding then paint. We'll see..!!

I thought that was just the camera. Still they look great. The chrome on mine isn't peeling, but pretty pitted. I was thinking of scotch brite then painting with filler primer then sanding then paint. We'll see..!!

No, it's not the camera...I did ZERO prep...I just wanted something in solid color while I find what I really want to put on...if anything, i'll get these lightly blasted, filled and painted...but for now, they're sweet...

sjd

No, it's not the camera...I did ZERO prep...I just wanted something in solid color while I find what I really want to put on...if anything, i'll get these lightly blasted, filled and painted...but for now, they're sweet...

sjd

Yeah i'd say they're sweet..! It'll look good on your GTX.

I just noticed your rear bumper. The devil is in the details. VERY nice touch.

Posted via Topify using Android

LOL,.no that's not my car! I wish, but that is the look I'm shooting for without the stacks sticking out of the hood. I'll be nixing the tail pipes and installing turn downs shortly.

Back