Blue Ridge Parkway

1966 t and c

Reaction score
Spent another great weekend riding the Blue Ridge Parkway in the wagon. Kids really love getting to ride in the back. The car is proving to be very reliable except for the hard hot starts which I understand is typical of the 383's.
CIMG4055.JPG

I've ridden this on my wing a few times. One day Trixie will do the trip...

I will make the Blue Ridge Parkway run before I'm done....

I have driven Skyline Drive in Virginia several times. Beautiful drive too.

I will make the Blue Ridge Parkway run before I'm done....

I highly recommend the trip Bob. Approx 650 miles including the Sky Line drive. Top speed 45 MPH when you can. Set aside at least three days for the trip, a cooler full of picnic stuff. There are quant little motels all along the way.
I,ve made the trip end to end 8 times now, twice in my 64 D200 crew cab, once in the 65 Coronet 500 convertible, twice in Jezebelle, (once towing a pop up trailer), once in the Admiral towing Connie and last July in the 05 Ram towing Connie. Never get tired of it.
A good flip route is US 11 which parallels I-81 or rt 15 up through Virgina. Lots of Civil war history up that way.

I highly recommend the trip Bob. Approx 650 miles including the Sky Line drive. Top speed 45 MPH when you can. Set aside at least three days for the trip, a cooler full of picnic stuff. There are quant little motels all along the way.
I,ve made the trip end to end 8 times now, twice in my 64 D200 crew cab, once in the 65 Coronet 500 convertible, twice in Jezebelle, (once towing a pop up trailer), once in the Admiral towing Connie and last July in the 05 Ram towing Connie. Never get tired of it.
A good flip route is US 11 which parallels I-81 or rt 15 up through Virgina. Lots of Civil war history up that way.

Excellent! Thanks Will!

I will probably move this trip to the top of my list and enjoy it as soon as my health recovers.

Excellent! Thanks Will!

I will probably move this trip to the top of my list and enjoy it as soon as my health recovers.

On the parkway, there is a great old time motel in Blowing Rock where they are friendly to bikers and gearheads.

One other thing about the Parkway: After three days on it, you will be very glad to get back on the inter-state. . .

[QUOTE="Ripinator, One other thing about the Parkway: After three days on it, you will be very glad to get back on the inter-state. . .[/QUOTE]

I...... am NEVER happy to get on the interstate. :poke:

Back