Check ETSY first for fabric and vinyl!!

Scoopy G

Reaction score
Howdy fellas (and fell-ettes), it's Rich here in Tampa with a great tip. In my quest to find vinyl and fabric for my '65 New Yorker (and my quest to avoid buying from SMS), I searched the interwebs and was directed to the ETSY website, where I discovered a seller there that has a lot of NOS vinyl and fabric from the 50s and 60s. On ETSY they go under the names Dead Stock Vinyl and The Estate Stash.

Their businesses are called Deadstockautovinyl.com , and Deadstockautotrim.com. They have a lot of end-of-the-roll vintage Detroit vinyl and fabric. I was able to buy 2+ yards of correct 65 New Yorker Turquoise vinyl for only $100 with free shipping. SMS charges $85/yard, and they charge a lot for shipping. I was hoping Dead Stock would have the fabric, but they did not. HOWEVER, they did have 4 yards of a '67 Chrysler turquoise fabric that is extremely close, so I bought that 4 yards for $200, again free shipping. SMS wants $159/yard for the '65 fabric, which would have cost about $700+ total. SO, I got all the materials to cover the seats for about $300, instead of nearly $1000 from Oregon.

They had GM, Ford, AMC, and Chrysler stuff. Cheers!

113_2183.JPG

113_2186.JPG

The vinyl is stamped 8/64 on the back. Obviously the fabric will not be correct for the 65 Nyer, but it is really close and is going to look great. I can't imagine even a die-hard Chrysler guy would know it's for a 67.

The vinyl is stamped 8/64 on the back. Obviously the fabric will not be correct for the 65 Nyer, but it is really close and is going to look great. I can't imagine even a die-hard Chrysler guy would know it's for a 67.
Thanks for sharing a great resource. Wouldn't fabric stamped 8/64 be for the 65 model year?

Got the fabric today, looks really awesome! $200 with free shipping.

113_2197.JPG

113_2198.JPG

Back