For Sale Commado1's 67 Newport Fast top

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
This may come as a shock to many of you but my
1967 Chrysler Newport 2 door is on the market.
I will say it breaks my heart. Please don't ask why. It's for personal reasons here at the commando1 homestead and has nothing to do with the car. In fact there will be no additional cars to the fleet after this one goes.
With that aside let's move on to the car. Thank you.

I first suggest you read its dedicated thread.
http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...itterSweet-is-home&highlight=Bittersweet+home

It will answer a lot of questions up front.
If you are still interested and you need more info, please PM only. I will answer answer any question and take pictures of anything.

What does it need: Nothing.
What could it use:
1. A new interior (carpet, seat covers, door panels, headliner)
2. Paint. The paint on it is horrible due to the previous owner's carport DIY attempt.

I don't want to deal with eBay a/o CL.
I want this to go to a C-body lover.

Price:
This is the extremely tough part. I don't know! Seriously.
I want a million dollars for it but I am totally confused with the market right now. So I figure it this way: If you are tire kicking, it's for sale at $10,000.00.
That figure will make the annoying people go away.
If you want this car, you know your budget, what the market is, and what is fair to you. I won't know what is fair to me until people tell me their $$ figure is. These cars only sell when they are are bargain so what is a bargain to you? Of course I'm going to take a licking.

If it will make you happy, I can say "gets thumbs up everywhere it goes" and I'll add a garden hose to the picture.

■■■■■■Option 2:
■■■■■■Buy my NYB for $20,000.00 and I will put the 20 grand into making the Newport a #1+++ car.
...............................:laughing4:

In the meantime, I will certainly continue to drive, work on, and enjoy the hell out of it.

Thank you.

PS: Literally anything and everything about the car has been said here on FCBO. To read more, punch in BITTERSWEET in the search engine.
http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/search.php?searchid=1453175

PicsArt_11-14-10.47.58.jpg

PicsArt_11-14-10.47.58.jpg

Last edited:
Stan - the members here won't find a more honest sale and will get an instant driver or a great start on the build of their dreams. Hopefully someone will step up and let us continue to watch it transition and make you endure the usual "does it have headers?" or "what's the largest rim it can fit?". Good luck finding her a good home.

You got to do what you got to do. there is no shame in that.
All the best with the sale and things work out.
Heck, you'll still have the NYB!

thermostat in good working order?

seriously - i hope it works out. whatever needs to work out. i hope it goes as well as it can for you bro.

- saylor

GLWS Stan!

A suggestion tho - a link of just pics as it is now would be nice.

Bummer! But I trust you know what you're doing. May everything be the way it should in your life. Somebody's going to have a sweet slab!

You were lucky enough to have some fun with it, now it's time for someone else to do the same. Any car guy would be proud to own it. Good luck with the sale. :beerchug:

Yep, that's a shocker. As stated by everyone so far, I hope it works out for you. You can rest assured that you have the full support from the members here in any decision you have to make, so long as you don't feel the need to dip it, bag it or slam it to the ground, then you are subject to forum ridicule.
:eek:ccasion14:

Seriously, I hope you find peace, and Bittersweet finds the right forever home.

BTW, you can't leave the forum, there are way too many new members that need your advice and knowledge, present company included!

Good luck Stan! Wish I was in a position to grab it. Have to much on my plate as it is. Hopefully you'll find a good homefor her.

Hope you and yours are all well, sorry you have to make such tough decision. It's a fine machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back