Dennis. That's his name.

Been working on bits and pieces, trying to replicate correct finishes on a shoe string budget.... Also back to working on the shell...

FB_IMG_1580316690006.jpg
FB_IMG_1580316687411.jpg
FB_IMG_1580316692849.jpg
FB_IMG_1580316700506.jpg
FB_IMG_1580316705958.jpg
FB_IMG_1580316733102.jpg
FB_IMG_1580316735558.jpg
FB_IMG_1580316767726.jpg
FB_IMG_1580316672570.jpg
FB_IMG_1580316674908.jpg

So is this car coming to Carlisle?
I am hoping so as well.
To be realistic,based on my last visit to see Nick's car, looks like he has another year to be totally finished.
Off the jig and back on its wheels was his goal last time we spoke.
Sharing the driving in my car last summer to the FCBO show in Volo got his juices flowing so let's all cheer on Nick to get Dennis done!

Even if you miss "replicating correct finishes" it looks absolutely great. Nice work as always.
Thank you, it's hard to say I don't enjoy restoration, it's a gratifying hobby at the very least.

So is this car coming to Carlisle?
I'm highly doubting Carlisle this year, but part of me still wants to make the trek, even if it is behind the wheel of my big ugly Ram.
I am hoping so as well.
To be realistic,based on my last visit to see Nick's car, looks like he has another year to be totally finished.
Off the jig and back on its wheels was his goal last time we spoke.
Sharing the driving in my car last summer to the FCBO show in Volo got his juices flowing so let's all cheer on Nick to get Dennis done!

My hope is to get the car to Moparfest, this is my 7th year in attendance and I just really want to have my own car there, even if it means me trailering it to new hamburg and driving it from the trailer out to the show field

Thank you, it's hard to say I don't enjoy restoration, it's a gratifying hobby at the very least.

I'm highly doubting Carlisle this year, but part of me still wants to make the trek, even if it is behind the wheel of my big ugly Ram.

My hope is to get the car to Moparfest, this is my 7th year in attendance and I just really want to have my own car there, even if it means me trailering it to new hamburg and driving it from the trailer out to the show field
Bring the big ugly truck, I missed you last time you were there :).

Wednesday before I left work I finished cleaning up the master.

I was off yesterday and spent the day in the garage doing as much as I could. I marked out my problem area's, welded up the bodymount and cleaned it up, welded up the holes in the body mount area and ground them down, soaking them down in weld thru for tonight's work.

And then the moment of truth, our first test fit
FB_IMG_1580476923686.jpg
FB_IMG_1580476926313.jpg
FB_IMG_1580476936852.jpg
FB_IMG_1580476945630.jpg
FB_IMG_1580476948408.jpg
FB_IMG_1580476951335.jpg
FB_IMG_1580476958850.jpg
FB_IMG_1580476961561.jpg
FB_IMG_1580476969651.jpg
FB_IMG_1580476977819.jpg

This car should be on display at Carlisle, the world's only hand built C body.:thumbsup:

This car should be on display at Carlisle, the world's only hand built C body.:thumbsup:
I find it funny the only people taking offense to this comment are @71Polara383 and @polara71

God damn dodge guys.... Won't even give credit where it's due.

I wouldn't want to do any of the special display crap, it's a nothing special car, and I'm not an attention *****.

My reward will come from driving this car, putting the miles on it.

Spending time with my dad taking both of our cars to shows.

Nick

I find it funny the only people taking offense to this comment are @71Polara383 and @polara71

God damn dodge guys.... Won't even give credit where it's due.

I wouldn't want to do any of the special display crap, it's a nothing special car, and I'm not an attention *****.

My reward will come from driving this car, putting the miles on it.

Spending time with my dad taking both of our cars to shows.

Nick

It's not that we dont give credit where its due...but it's not the world's only hand built C body... That's what I disagree with.

when i think of hand built cars, the one that comes to mind is CanCritter's white GT (a Plymouth!). Nick, i couldn't give you enough credit for the work that you do. i only wish you'd come into a big boatload of money so you could buy a facility that's worthy of your endeavors, abilities and talents. you sure do deserve it.

It's not that we dont give credit where its due...but it's not the world's only hand built C body... That's what I disagree with.

You should know by now that I enjoy jabbing at my friends.

It takes a lot to really get under my skin.

I have junk, I enjoy my junk, don't care if others do or not.

That's on them.

when i think of hand built cars, the one that comes to mind is CanCritter's white GT (a Plymouth!). Nick, i couldn't give you enough credit for the work that you do. i only wish you'd come into a big boatload of money so you could buy a facility that's worthy of your endeavors, abilities and talents. you sure do deserve it.

Money or not, I keep plugging away at what I can make happen, the only real difference is how I would do things if it was in my budget,

Ie; media blasting, powder coating, metal coatings (zinc phosphate, cadmium, zinc), I likely would of had body mounts machined out of aluminum, I likely would of bought a rust free shell from the southwest and cut my required panels from it, I also wish I had access to a paint booth, machine shop and a chrome plater.... But yeah

I do what I can with my skills with my current facilities and shoe string budget.

Back