Donny's 1970 300

Yup; perhaps on Thursday evening this beast will roar once more; breaking in a new 440; say 15 mins at 2500 rpm? Sounds like some heat will be coming off that baby!

Too freaking many! my 300, GTX, and Satellite, 2 m/cycles, and two customers cars; Camaro and Chevelle, and I'm going to school full time! I know; insane, but, I don't bust a lot of time on my stuff, just here and there stuff; the 300 is close, so close to running! Too heavy to push around, haha.

well there you go.. i'm doing a 72 chevelle convertible, a 41 ford,a 62 impala,68 barracuda and a 79 trans am.< (customers) then my projects are the fury, a plymouth duster, lancer, and a 58 dodge truck. so my plate is full as well. not to mention the customers are slow to pay.

Wow, sounds like me! Yeah, slow paying customers, I think I'm going to scare them from now on; enlighten them on cost vs what they want to pay.

Got it fired up tonight! Finally! No issues, well, no major issues, engine sounded a little noisey at first, lifters had to break in I suppose. Massive smoke off the exhaust manifolds' paint I put on; supposed to be high-temp stuff; it burned off, but left a cool looking sheen of black on 'em!

No backfires, no air pockets in the coolant, no issues at all! Put a little gas in the carb, it started right up! .30 over 10.1 pistons, MOPAR Perf cam (can't remember grind, close to the 440 HP grind, but with a little more bump), 750 Edelbrock, no leaks, no issues, shut it down to check over the engine, started it back up, lifter noises gone, man, this engine sounds good too, the MOPAR expert I hired, Wayne is good with the wiring, and knows his stuff, he too was impressed how solid this motor sounds.

Videos coming...

sounds like you have a sweet power plant can't wait to progress a liitle on mine. well at least i know i'm not the only one who has customer problems. i guess you just get to the point where they need that rude awakening. pay or loose the car.

I told Chevelle guy his car was going outside, out back in the weather as I needed room, he came right over and payed me!

I told Chevelle guy his car was going outside, out back in the weather as I needed room, he came right over and payed me!
yeah i tell people it don't come in my shop til i get half down. i got a guy that dropped off a 73 caprice convertible motor decked out new custom interior and no money. been out side since september got our first snow about 5 inches in november. i snapped a picture out side with it buried in snow sent him the picture. he turns around and sends me a picture of someone's leg in a cast. i don't know if it was his but the car is still out side

Thanks! I maxxed out my memory card on my camera last night, so, missed some better rev'd up shots! This is a MAJOR milestone!

Well, now that it's a runner :) I can move it around as needed easily. There's a LOT of little stuff to fix, tons...

Yeah, wrapping up the 69 Camaro today, delivering it Monday, delivering the Chevelle on Tuesday, picking up a 'Cuda in the afternoon, and on Wed got a guy driving in his 65 F100 for me to media blast the inside of his bed.

Yes sir, so true! These days anything can happen! I actually drove the 300 today! First time it's been driven since 1984! Yes, 1984! Needed 2 more qts DEXRON in the 727, sort of dry, new Torque Converter, put it in reverse and it barely moved. Then, went to AutoZone and got the Edelbrock adapter plate for the linkage as I have a 1407 750 on it now, maybe it was just a bit out of adjustment w/out the plate? But, it sure was good to be able to get in the car, start it, put in gear and give it some gas and go! It's going to need tons of little nickel and dime work; rather dollar and 10 dollar work on everything.

you can't even sneaze for a nickle or dime anymore. i bet you appreciated that drive. hope you checked your brakes before you left. since 1984.......

Back