For Sale found this 71 Fury GT on FB, been for sale quite a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauterd

Reaction score
Contact seller
Connor Macleod
January 23 at 12:40pm
71 Sport fury GT FOR SALE:.....VERY RARE CAR! 1 of 2 built 71 GT promo's this is the CANADIAN version..runs and drives nice..10 footer on cosmetics but complete and NUMBERS MATCHING ..fresh drive train, suspension and brakes..3:55 S/G, had minor rust behind rear wheels and was amateur repair.... orig fender tag in place...NO SHEET.. very unusual car ..needs front seats redone and carpeting...[HAVE NEW CARPET] dash has normal crack dead center..NO A/C!!!... P/S, PDB block heater.... only 1 like it in the WORLD... orig had white top and stripes..see pic of it before amateur resto 22K OBRO

LikeComment

I had a chance to buy the american 71 GT prototype.. for $ 1000. Back in the 90's.. but I was just a kid,, and my dad said no .. the guy was Realy cool.. he was willing to hold it for me and everything... if memory serves correct... I believe it was out in New Mexico ?

I called on that car also, had a T code for the motor rather than a U code.
The vin# was PP23T1D100266.
I will post one of the pictures he sent me tomorrow. That car seemed to have vanished, haven't heard of it since.

Last edited:
12565361_984107951669493_1112810648696643716_n.jpg

So which color is the roof...

the pic with the white roof is when it was unrestored.
It got a bad amateur resto.
This included poor bodywork on the quarters (not an easy fix) as well as the repaint, wrong stripe, wrong v-roof etc. If the car would still be original it would have probably sold already but not in its current messed up state.

Carsten

I called on that car also, had a T code for the motor rather than a U code.
The vin# was PP23T1D100266.
I will post one of the pictures he sent me tomorrow. That car seemed to have vanished, haven't heard of it since.
hey Dave, I see what you mean, on the fender tag it clearly looks like "E85" which means base 440 I believe. So does this mean it's not even a real GT? thanks.

It is a GT as it has a "PP"-VIN which is SFGT only in 1971 modelyear.

The first cars built got only the T-code, E85 engine instead the U-code, E86 HP440 engine.

Dan, the seller owns two of them. The other one is a golden roller body

Carsten

It is a GT as it has a "PP"-VIN which is SFGT only in 1971 modelyear.

The first cars built got only the T-code, E85 engine instead the U-code, E86 HP440 engine.

Dan, the seller owns two of them. The other one is a golden roller body

Carsten
thanks, interesting, didnt know that. what about the 70 GT's, did they all have the E86 440?

no, the 70 SFGTs have the E85 T-code 440 or the E87 V-code 440-6

Carsten

Here is the fender tag,
Dave; when that picture was taken in 1998, the car was located in Rio Rancho, NM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back