Frankenstein-Cucamonga

If I half too I will lol. I prefer 70s but I Think my heart really yearns For 69 Polaras.

Hands done, bar none..
The Winnahhhh!

copcar368.jpg

Son of a ***** I want to go to Moparshop!

Franky drives around to many shows.
Here it is at an old coalmineing show in Duisburg.

Pic was done by a buddy
12112053_652137624928346_5052908929162292752_n.jpg

Im with you on dashes. Mine was shot on the 300 and I love the looks of the Plymouth dash a lot more. Im going with a Fury dash in mine.

to ad a little more history:

I always loved the 70 Polaras. More than the Monacos as I don't like the wide side trim so much.
The 71 Polara looks similar to many but I do not like the sticking out front grill as well as the look of the rear.

But there is one thing that always disturbs me on 69/70 Dodge Fullsize: The dashboard. I do not like the tall dashface.
I always liked the Fury dash which was used in 1971 on Dodge, too.

So I always thought a 1970 Polara with a 1971 Dash would be great. Or a 1971 Polara with a 70 front grill and rear.
This thought isn't new. I am having those thoughts since more than 20 years.

Late for the party... Thanks for this interesting story/pics.

I'm glad you were able to make your fantasy into reality, Carsten. Good to have friends like Steve!

I’m even later to the party. Agreed!

To me, the ‘69 looks like a sixties car, less substantial (if that makes sense) than the later cars. The ‘71 taillights are already well into the seventies (plainer to my eyes). This being said, while the ‘70 is the perfect car for me, IMHO they’re all VERY nice cars — which the quality of the pics in this thread makes clear!

The mods have been done tastefully and can be reversed by the next owner (or the current one, if he changes his mind). No one is losing anything, and Carsten is happy. What is there not to like?

To make both of you feel better, imagine the following hypothetical. Suppose that Chrysler Corp. had built a test mule 49 years ago blending the bumpers of the '70 with the other changes for '71. The end result would look like what Carsten has here. Except, perhaps, that the mothership's unicorn would be fawned over :)

Back