WANTED Fusie (and advice :) wanted, for "roadtrip" in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey Guys

I had some good friends (car-nut's) over today, for planning a trip to the US in Oct-Nov 2017. We agreed to start in Texas (or close if the right car is there), and then probably zig-zag our way to California, and fly home from there... I would like to use the opportunity, to buy / drive, and subsequently add a Fusie to my small Mopar collection. We would also love suggestions on where to go, in order to cover as many car-related events on the way, as humanly possible. We all have various expectations for the trip..

I am looking forward to re-visit America, and hopefully hang out with like minded (car-enthusiast) Americans, and wouldnt mind to see a tumbleweed.

My very good friend Michael (Pontiac guy, but I am working on a cure), wants to see some top-fuel, and visit "Gas monkey".

His son Rasmus, has not posted any expectations yet, but we all want to see as many many classic US cars as possible... ;-)

As we are not planning to bring a lot of tool's, (and I am not asking for any "guarantee" that the car will perform without issues on the trip), it need's to be in "roadworthy" condition, registered, and preferably a 2-door.. but of course, it all depends on the car. I have been known to whip out the old "drool-bucket" over a vert, a wagon, or a nice 4-door before. A nice '70 300 coupe would be perfect, as I still regret selling the one I had previously. Will pay for the right car in advance, if we can agre on storage until we arrive. Abt. insurance, I've been told, that most insurance companies will add a "transportation charge", for new owner to move the car to a harbour, and thus you will be with out responsibility.

Thnx in advnc for offers, and suggestions.. :-D

Hey Guys

I had some good friends (car-nut's) over today, for planning a trip to the US in Oct-Nov 2017. We agreed to start in Texas (or close if the right car is there), and then probably zig-zag our way to California, and fly home from there... I would like to use the opportunity, to buy / drive, and subsequently add a Fusie to my small Mopar collection. We would also love suggestions on where to go, in order to cover as many car-related events on the way, as humanly possible. We all have various expectations for the trip..

I am looking forward to re-visit America, and hopefully hang out with like minded (car-enthusiast) Americans, and wouldnt mind to see a tumbleweed.

My very good friend Michael (Pontiac guy, but I am working on a cure), wants to see some top-fuel, and visit "Gas monkey".

His son Rasmus, has not posted any expectations yet, but we all want to see as many many classic US cars as possible... ;-)

As we are not planning to bring a lot of tool's, (and I am not asking for any "guarantee" that the car will perform without issues on the trip), it need's to be in "roadworthy" condition, registered, and preferably a 2-door.. but of course, it all depends on the car. I have been known to whip out the old "drool-bucket" over a vert, a wagon, or a nice 4-door before. A nice '70 300 coupe would be perfect, as I still regret selling the one I had previously. Will pay for the right car in advance, if we can agre on storage until we arrive. Abt. insurance, I've been told, that most insurance companies will add a "transportation charge", for new owner to move the car to a harbour, and thus you will be with out responsibility.

Thnx in advnc for offers, and suggestions.. :-D

Sorry Kasper... you're turning the wrong direction...

I would suggest starting in California and heading east... It would get you to the right side of the continent for shipping and help you score some of that nice west coast sheet metal. I am sorry you will have to endure the GMG experience, but maybe it will be better than I predict.

Depending on your dates there are several happenings over here in Florida during November... not that I am being selfish wanting to meet you or anything like that:rolleyes:. The Turkey Rod Run in Daytona is an overwhelmingly large event, but not as much fun for me as the Mopar only events... I suppose I have a brand preference, and I have really enjoyed the time spent with fellow FCBO members.

I would in all honesty advise you to start digging through the internet for automotive events that you guys would like to see. The right car may be anywhere, but I am sure you can start at the car or have the car delivered to the city you fly into for similar $$. If you use the events you guy's most want to see as a guide, I am sure you will put together a trip to remember. With a whole year to plan and search, I am certain you will find a car that is to your liking.

I'll make a suggestion for tools for the road though. We have Harbor Freight stores all over the place. They are inexpensive tools, mostly sourced from China. Quality is OK for the roadside or parking lot repair. You should be able to buy just about everything that you need there. Pick out what you need and get on their email list for 15% off coupons and you can have a decent tool set for the road for not a lot of money.

Harbor Freight Tools – Quality Tools at Discount Prices Since 1977

I'll make a suggestion for tools for the road though. We have Harbor Freight stores all over the place. They are inexpensive tools, mostly sourced from China. Quality is OK for the roadside or parking lot repair. You should be able to buy just about everything that you need there. Pick out what you need and get on their email list for 15% off coupons and you can have a decent tool set for the road for not a lot of money.

Harbor Freight Tools – Quality Tools at Discount Prices Since 1977
And you can pack them in the car to ship back home... Genuine Tools bought in the USA and made in China:D. This actually is excellent advise, as painful as it is to agree to. Thanks Big John.

Petersen Auto Museum in Los Angeles a must see

Thanks, and so sorry for the late response.. After a period of "just threatening", my dear wife suddenly "announced", that we were going to visit her family in Thailand here in December, which forced me to finish all my work before, (and that was a lot). I was even inhere, but apparently missed the "response alerts".. I have been working crazy hours the last 3 weeks, and my brain is not functioning as it should, ha ha.

THANKS again, and I will definitely check out "Petersens" !!!

Sorry Kasper... you're turning the wrong direction...

I would suggest starting in California and heading east...

Hey Jeff.. ;-)

Thanks.. I never thought of travelling "the other way", but that could be just as good.. and I managed to convince the guys, to wait until the summer here si over, as we have a myriad of meets here, that I would love to attend. About shipping, based on earlier car-transactions, shipping from the west coast however, does not seem to pose a problem. I even think, that the cheapest shipping quote I got so far, was actually from Ca. (But of course, that was also the earliest I did.. in 2003, when I got my first Fusie ;-). I will talk with the guys, and see if they will jump on the idea about travelling in the other direction. I am sure, that they would like the idea, of finishing up at the shipping site, or maybe fly up to New York to round up the trip there. But IF we go that way, FL would be the final destination, as I have some "shipping connections" in Miami 33166, and if suitable at the time, dropping by your place to closely "examine" a cold beer, would be a pleasure, and an honor !! That "Turkey Rod event" sounds great... and as much as I would love a Mopar ONLY event, the two guys I am travelling with, are mostly GM ppl's. Personally, I wouldnt mind, if we ONLY saw Mopars, ha ha.. but as we "unfortunately" also have democraty in Denmark, it might be a pretty good idea.

In either case, it's going to be a dream come through, to come (back) to America.. Just the thought if a whole MONTH of not working.. SWEET, and just being back in the "Land of C's".. SWEET !!

About the tools.. yes, we gotta stock some tools, but will try to compose a moderate kit, but in the regards of PARTS, I will go as bananas as possible.. (maybe I should get a T&C, ha ha.. A lot has happened with Chinese tools the last 15 years.. they are so cheap, that they almost outshine the quality tools of the West. Denmark, has Sweden (Bacho) and Germany (Bosch) as neighbors, both GREAT quality tools, and also many unknown old Danish tools. I love arriving early, and sweeping flea markets here, finding old, amazing quality tools..

About the car, I have 10 months to find one, so lot's of time. None of the other two plan to buy a car, so MOPAR it is. I really liked the recent "5500/8500$ Albama 300 '69".. apart from the tan interior.. But I need to chose wise, as I have to justify the "need" to the wife, and buying another '69 300, would make it hard to explain.. as in her eyes, it probably "has exactly the same face, as the old rusty thing in the garage".. ha ha

Also, many thanks for the "tool supply tip" to Big John.. Much appreciated, although I hope it will NOT be used to much !! ;-)

I will post more, when I have had a chance talk it over with the guys, and surf for some "November car events". Michael, works about as much as me, so we rarely have time to talk.. but we will do so, before I leave for Thailand as he is driving us to the airport!

Thanks again guys..!!! :-D

Petersen Auto Museum in Los Angeles a must see

Thanks a lot man.. will definitely check this out.. Heard about Petersens before in some car show, but of course, never been there!

I have only been in Seattle, and went North from there, up to Canada.. I shot 360 something pictures back then.. of which 296, was cars.. ha ha :)

I wonder what became of my original reply to your suggestion (now gone)..! I probably botched it somehow... or simply left teh computer, becore clicking "Post reply".. to much work, and to little time.

;-)K

Hey Jeff.. ;-)

Thanks.. I never thought of travelling "the other way", but that could be just as good.. and I managed to convince the guys, to wait until the summer here si over, as we have a myriad of meets here, that I would love to attend. About shipping, based on earlier car-transactions, shipping from the west coast however, does not seem to pose a problem. I even think, that the cheapest shipping quote I got so far, was actually from Ca. (But of course, that was also the earliest I did.. in 2003, when I got my first Fusie ;-). I will talk with the guys, and see if they will jump on the idea about travelling in the other direction. I am sure, that they would like the idea, of finishing up at the shipping site, or maybe fly up to New York to round up the trip there. But IF we go that way, FL would be the final destination, as I have some "shipping connections" in Miami 33166, and if suitable at the time, dropping by your place to closely "examine" a cold beer, would be a pleasure, and an honor !! That "Turkey Rod event" sounds great... and as much as I would love a Mopar ONLY event, the two guys I am travelling with, are mostly GM ppl's. Personally, I wouldnt mind, if we ONLY saw Mopars, ha ha.. but as we "unfortunately" also have democraty in Denmark, it might be a pretty good idea.

In either case, it's going to be a dream come through, to come (back) to America.. Just the thought if a whole MONTH of not working.. SWEET, and just being back in the "Land of C's".. SWEET !!

About the tools.. yes, we gotta stock some tools, but will try to compose a moderate kit, but in the regards of PARTS, I will go as bananas as possible.. (maybe I should get a T&C, ha ha.. A lot has happened with Chinese tools the last 15 years.. they are so cheap, that they almost outshine the quality tools of the West. Denmark, has Sweden (Bacho) and Germany (Bosch) as neighbors, both GREAT quality tools, and also many unknown old Danish tools. I love arriving early, and sweeping flea markets here, finding old, amazing quality tools..

About the car, I have 10 months to find one, so lot's of time. None of the other two plan to buy a car, so MOPAR it is. I really liked the recent "5500/8500$ Albama 300 '69".. apart from the tan interior.. But I need to chose wise, as I have to justify the "need" to the wife, and buying another '69 300, would make it hard to explain.. as in her eyes, it probably "has exactly the same face, as the old rusty thing in the garage".. ha ha

Also, many thanks for the "tool supply tip" to Big John.. Much appreciated, although I hope it will NOT be used to much !! ;-)

I will post more, when I have had a chance talk it over with the guys, and surf for some "November car events". Michael, works about as much as me, so we rarely have time to talk.. but we will do so, before I leave for Thailand as he is driving us to the airport!

Thanks again guys..!!! :-D
Love to have beer with you... I think you should really just start easing the dates forward on your friends...subtly... until you can attend the Mopar shows in PA and OH on your trip... if they are wise, they will convert. :)

If you can't swing that, Turkey show again... I still have fun there, I like lots of cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back