Hi all

barnfind

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Long time Mopar (Bs and Es along with a few Cs) fan and owner. Glad to be here amongst the experts as I'm no C expert. So is a 1965 Monaco 383-4 speed is a rare site (I've never seen one)? I ask as I'm looking at one, 2dr gold/ gold-white interior, w black painted roof. Guy claims its all orig, body looks straight and dry. Buckets w counsel. 383 is locked from sitting and needs paint and interior. any thoughts? Looks to be missing the horn center and that's about all. I'm not just looking for a rough value but rarity of the car, were these Canadian built? Thanks for the help!

o_8b9c1c8868445a8ca2daeef848fadbc3.jpg

o_1a71b8be135d6bd4fd9b476fd8ccdfc0.jpg

Long time Mopar (Bs and Es along with a few Cs) fan and owner. Glad to be here amongst the experts as I'm no C expert. So is a 1965 Monaco 383-4 speed is a rare site (I've never seen one)? I ask as I'm looking at one, 2dr gold/ gold-white interior, w black painted roof. Guy claims its all orig, body looks straight and dry. Buckets w counsel. 383 is locked from sitting and needs paint and interior. any thoughts? Looks to be missing the horn center and that's about all. I'm not just looking for a rough value but rarity of the car, were these Canadian built? Thanks for the help!

Darn cool car!!! Like it I have a horn ring also. $20.00 plus shipping

image.jpg

Neat car. I think most people view any C-body with a 4-speed as being rare. As for value? Way too many variables to be very accurate, but that won't stop me from making a wild guess. With a stuck engine, no photos of interior, and it being of the less-loved C-body variety, I'll say $2800 tops. It's almost worth more to part out (the horror!) Hopefully you can save it.

It's up to you what you want to pay at the door.cuz what you will be dropping inside will make the cover charge look like chump change.
If you buy it, that car will never be worth what you will put into it so you have to take it to completion or get killed if you have to bail before it's finished. Do you want this car forever?
Three grand max.
Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
It's a 4 speed big block C body. My goodness these don't come along every day. Yes it will take some work. If you can get it at a price you can afford & have some mechanical abilities I would say buy it, work on it. Drive it enjoy it. Fix it up as you can. Save a C body. I'm betting you will love driving it. As long as there is no rust on the cylinders & all the parts are still connected the stuck engine may not be that hard to get running.

It's a 4 speed big block C body. My goodness these don't come along every day. Yes it will take some work. If you can get it at a price you can afford & have some mechanical abilities I would say buy it, work on it. Drive it enjoy it. Fix it up as you can. Save a C body. I'm betting you will love driving it. As long as there is no rust on the cylinders & all the parts are still connected the stuck engine may not be that hard to get running.
x2. Its a phenomenal find! Big block 383 4sod coup! Don't be a car snob, you better grab that before someone else does (lots of eyes on this forum)!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I'm on board with what the others are saying about value and being in over your head from the word go. You literally gotta love it!

Hi barnfind

I'm not just looking for a rough value but rarity of the car, were these Canadian built? Thanks for the help!

quick google search found this ... probably better data out there http://www.glenwood76.com/Coronet_Production_65_76.htm#1965

I assume it's a 500 ... if it's a 440 it's really rare

[iurl="http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=41341&d=1416563733&d=1416563733"]
attachment.php
[/iurl]
Coronets?

That car is not a fix while you drive car.
Iit needs a long term commitment before it's got a prayer of being a DD.
Not trying to be a buzz kill. Just trying to make sure it goes to a person with the resources and where with all to git'er done rather than it ending up abandoned ¼ of the way through because that car must be saved.

Last edited:
As much as I DO like the car, I've passed on this one, if anyone else wants the contact info pm me. Its just more of a project than I need at the moment.

Thanks for all the help. l'm still looking around

hey tallhair,
I was wondering about the coronet info, glad to hear all's well now!

Ok, so there is numbers for '65 Coronets. I have also seen numbers for '65 Satellites. As far as I know,(and I am not an expert), there are no breakdowns for '65 Monacos. I know, different body styles. Would love to see the numbers on the 426W 4-speed total. Did records ever exist and then lost due to some kind of incident or neglect? Will always be curious and keep hoping that somewhere out there the numbers exist. Sorry, guess I am dreaming again.

True story mcmlvii

My Dad had a 65 Sport Fury 383 4 speed Convertible

Mom always called it 'rose colored'

Back