How to protect my driveway

mdh157

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on how to stop these delivery drivers from turning around on my driveway. A full gate is too expensive and i do not want to stop and get out to open/close it all the time.

I would put one of those one way tire flattening devices but then i will end up driving over it! Frankly, had i though of this before i would have left it as gravel.

OK, here is a thought. There are lawn sprinklers that are motion activated to start and spray when something enters the motion sensor area. Put one at the end of the drive so it sprays anything entering the driveway. There are also lawn sprinklers on tripods, so you can raise it up and hit their windshields.
For your use of the driveway, purchase a outdoor rated electrical switch that is operated by a remote control, like a garage door open. When you want to go down the drive, push the button and turn off the electricity to the sprinkler motion sensor. Re-activate it after you pass.
One or two week will be all the training the drivers will need. Note: You many not get any of your packages or mail, so that can also be a thing. Good luck.

Two cones, split just far enough for a car, but too close for a quick turn with a truck should give them a hint.

If it's the same guy everyday just talk to him. Otherwise, I'd leave stuff in the way.

Last edited:
10206820.jpg

Just talk to him next time it goes a long way.

Back