I found a hammer in my engine!!!

Nice hammer. How much ya want for it......? :)

That is a cool looking hammer. Interesting how the top of the hammer is sloped downwards. Was that an effort to save a little weight where not maximized and maximize where the weight was distributed on impact? I assume you may have some insight.

Maybe early ergonomic / modern tool to maximize efficiency. I've noticed from an early age how many old tools are so much better made and ingenious or innovative than modern basic tools.

That is a cool looking hammer. Interesting how the top of the hammer is sloped downwards. Was that an effort to save a little weight where not maximized and maximize where the weight was distributed on impact? I assume you may have some insight.

Maybe early ergonomic / modern tool to maximize efficiency. I've noticed from an early age how many old tools are so much better made and ingenious or innovative than modern basic tools.
More accurately, this hammer is called a Drilling Hammer, as opposed to Sledge Hammer or BFH

thanks stan. Never seen or heard of one although I have seen and have several old tools from ancestors and auctions. I'll have to do a little more research
I was stupid about hammers until 1989 when I bought a hardware store. An old timer who had worked there since Moses parted the waters would always lay into me hard when I called it a sledge... :lol:

There's really no reason the engine wouldn't run fine. The darn thing is to large to interfere with anything and the valley pan probably kept it from moving.

Nice! A free hammer, you can't beat that!

So let me get this straight. You've been driving the car with that hammer in the valley? No way! And the engine ran fine? Crazy!
It was just a hammer, it's not like they used a Chevy part to put the motor together, just a Chevy Special Tool.

how could anyone not see that before putting the pan on? it's not like a socket or screwdriver.
Redneck+Fun+0002.jpg

Hey, I know those guys^^^^^^, He just got his ride going

Redneck-Snow-Plow.jpg

Seriously, Very cool story, the hammer should be mounted on a plaque with the tale engraved.

Back