ISO Delete?

'69FuryIIIConvertible

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done the Isolator delete on a C body? Did it make a difference in handling and performance of the springs/shocks?

I'm seriously considering it for my '73.

Nick

69 shock plates

20170914_151000.jpg

It probably does have marginal improvements in performance, but i cant imagine you would be able to feel a difference.

The 71 is such a better car over all the 70s and 69s I've driven. The handling, the smoothness and comfort is far superior to the previous years.
I would not remove anything that improved the cars ride and handling qualities

If they weren't there ....ok. If you're concerned about handling add a sway bar on the rear

If they weren't there ....ok. If you're concerned about handling add a sway bar on the rear
I forgot that the springs I'm putting in the car came off the '73 Newport Tom had.

I looked at my springs that came out when I got home and sure enough, no ISO plates....apparently I made myself a pile of work for nothing.

The convertible is going to get a PST rear swaybar kit I think.

I see your in AJAX, I'm in Ottawa so not too far from you, relatively.

I do have this (rear sway bar) on kijiji

MOPAR Dodge Rear swaybar modified ISO delete to fit 71-79 Bbody | transmission, drive train | Ottawa | Kijiji

It was from a 73Bbody and I modified for ISO delete. I mention this as IIRC the B & Cbody rear frame rails are the same distance apart for 72-3.

I can measure Monday if your interested
If you don't mind I wouldn't mind seeing some measurements

Back