My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

Just got the most horrifying visual I've ever had in my life, wish I hadn't read all that. Next time post warnings will ya:puke:

Shall I sing the praises of the petronix electronic ignition conversion,because I will if you all want to hear it!

Only if you start a new thread and allow it to go anywhere it goes without anybody saying "back on topic"

Ok sorry for the delay, I started typing this last night after taking a couple of NyQuil and they kicked in before I got to far. The Imp had began performing poorly under acceleration some time ago and the first thought after determining the points looked ok and we're set properly was that the vac adv was shot and I knew I needed a new carb. I replaced the carb and found a couple of nos advances on the net and ordered them. The carb helped tremendously and the advance was shot so I put one of the new ones on and didn't see much benefit from it. Drive ability continued to go down the tubes faster then I could replace parts and we all know that throwing parts at problems isn't the way to go. I had already replaced the cap rotor and plugs and wires before I brought it home so I could rule those out too. I began to think that with 136K on the clock that maybe the distributor needed new bushings or that maybe the cam and timing chain need replaced which would just mean at least a top end rebuild before Carlisle next year. I was talking with one of the local Mopar carb and distributor experts and he convinced me to just convert it wether that was the problem or not. If it was the problem it would be a quick and easy fix and if it wasn't it would go further towards telling me what the problem is and either way I was going to be happy with the performance gains and better efficiency. I'm not saying I still don't need a top end rebuild before Carlisle but man is it running a hell of a lot better! I went ahead with the flame thrower coil as well so I went to do the Ballast resistor bypass. Still wanting things to look original under the hood I figured I would take the b r apart and hard wire it. Turns out the resistor winding itself was pretty much toast and I wonder if that could have been contributing to the problem, what do you guys think?.

The Imp's getting new shoes right now! Such a nice day today and I don't want it sitting on that original spare any longer. I was going to do those triple stripes from Diamondback but decided to hold off on spending a grand + especially since you guys have talked me into Carlisle with it. Maybe at some point after I get the paint fixed up or get it repainted all together. I'm out the door today with a set of wsw's for under $500 bucks.

I'll take some pics when I have it back.

The Imp's getting new shoes right now! Such a nice day today and I don't want it sitting on that original spare any longer. I was going to do those triple stripes from Diamondback but decided to hold off on spending a grand + especially since you guys have talked me into Carlisle with it. Maybe at some point after I get the paint fixed up or get it repainted all together. I'm out the door today with a set of wsw's for under $500 bucks.

Matt: If you're looking for a guy to paint this car and don't want to spend a fortune, I can introduce you. He's about 20 miles out into Essex County from the Ambassador Bridge. He does EXCELLENT work.

I do appreciate it but I have a close friend that owns a body shop and does all of my painting.
the new shoes look good, I'll post pics later. I couldn't get the wsw's on the old tires this white!

Here it is with the new shoes, man what a beauty!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back