My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

Did the best I could with the power steering pump and put the rest of the front together. Primed it to the point that I got oil up to both heads and put the valve covers on. Still have to clean up the distributer and put the pertronix unit in it, it's getting all new vacuum hoses, heater hoses and still waiting on the upper rad hose and new underhood fuel line also ordered up a new power steering pressure line because the old one no longer looks good enough. All this because I wanted to rebuild the top end.....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is a hell of a lot of progress in a short time!

Good job Matt!!!

It must be a reflection because I didn't get any turquoise on the manifolds. I did media blast and paint them though.
kept working on it, got the new Pertronix back in this distributer(I stole it for my convertible before my Memorial Day road trip and that's where it stayed), installed the oil pump drive, distributer, plug wires and hooked the engine compartment harness back up. I'll pick up a couple things in the morning and probably fire it up and do the break in procedure on the cam unless the client stuff gets in the way. I'll be sure to get a video of that whenever it happens.

image.jpg

10W-40, Brad Penn.

Looking great Matt! Very nice prgress! Look forward to a video.

Why couldn't I have run into you, or been on here when I was up there!!

It must be a reflection because I didn't get any turquoise on the manifolds. I did media blast and paint them though.
OH........ The engines came out of the Trenton engine plant with overspray on the manifolds and I thought you were going for that look.... LOL.

Looking good so far.... Can't wait to see it at Carlisle..... OHHhh.... And to meet you too.

I wasn't going to be able to get the engine bay looking the way it did when new without a lot more research so I just wanted it to look good for the show.
i did get it fired up tonite but it wasn't without an issue or two. It's to soon to tell if it will be a death blow for it for Carlisle this year but the rear main is leaking pretty badly. I'll know more tomorrow but my only chance will be for somebody else to fix it as I have already taken to much time off from client work for this. It did fire up pretty good though and the only other issue is a vacuum leak that I haven't been able to pinpoint as of yet but I did do the brake in procedure as told to me by my engine builder. Lets see if I can get a video to load directly on here.
not terribly exiting but I was by myself soo...
ok couldn't get the vid to load, sorry. I'll play with it some more in the morning.

Such tight schedules never worked for me; there's always something coming up in between.

Hugely disappointing, I have been busting my arss for days on this thing!!!

Bummer, but look at the positive side if you can Matt. Better you find out now at home then next weekend 450 miles east of here. I drove a '67 300 from Fort Worth to Portland in '96 and got the long distance award. Two week round trip and two months to get the knots out of my neck and my nose above my collar. For a wall plaque that's collecting dust somewhere on the ponderosa? Last time I checked the charges for a roll back were between $4.00 & $4.50 per mile X 2. See, Now don't you feel better?

Are you going to have time to replace the rear main by Carlisle?

I bet 50% of BB rebuilds end up with a leaking rear main seal. #1 problem, by far!!
Can I assume you used the Fel-pro neoprene seal kit?

Back