New wheels and tires for the 3hundy

Dads300

Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I'd share my recent change with you all. There's been quite a bit of conversation about wheels and tires lately, so I figured I'd show the direction I went with my 66 300. I bought a set of four U.S. Mag U102 in a 15 x 7 with 3.75" back space. I put a pair of p235/75r15 up front and a pair of 265/70r15 in the rear, all in the General Grabber HTS variety. They fit and look great, and they cured the minor rubbing issue I had in the rear with the same tires on 15x8 W100/Ramcharger wheels.

These wheels are the lowest cost of any of the "torque thrust" style wheels I have come across (about $120 ea), and the quality is very good. I think they have the best retro look as well, they are straight spoke and have good proportions. They have a 1600 lb each load rating and they come with center caps. These use the 60 degree cone seat lug nuts which is much better than a vintage set of wheels which use shank lug nuts.
IMG_2875.JPG
All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase.
Travis..

Excellent choice. The Torque Thrust is a great looking wheel & was a popular aftermarket wheel back in the day.

IMG_1976.JPG
Those were my first choice but i couldnt pass up the cragars for dirt cheap. The car is looking good man

The Cragars are a cool look too. Also a very popular add on back then. I think the term being used today is "period correct" to describe an aftermarket upgrade. I found my Magnum 500s on CL for $175.

Back