Odd idea a T&C Hurst

Rubatoguy

Reaction score
I was thinking what might be cool would be to put a 300 grill on a T&C and make it into a Town and Country Hurst... Though I would favor black and gold over the white and gold.
Just a thought.

I was thinking what might be cool would be to put a 300 grill on a T&C and make it into a Town and Country Hurst... Though I would favor black and gold over the white and gold.
Just a thought.

Sounds like a great idea! !!

Having owned a Hurst for 16 years(sold it to a friend in '99) The Long Roof Hurst thing has crossed my mind more then once. An FYI that will help you if you're not sure. A '70, '71, or '72 T&C are your candidates for the straight out nose, fenders, and hood swap.(Same fenders and bumper) I've been looking for a white T&C with a brown interior for 20+ years with no success. One did come up in SoCal a month or two ago but it was junk for a SoCal car which tells the world it's not always been a SoCal car! When you have a chance look at the gold that comes off the lead edge of the fenders and does the up curl at the B-pillar on the quarters. Now picture that gold curl continuing up over the spoiler and down the other side and then going forward to the front. The fender chrome that houses the turn signals can be carried back on all the doors PLUS the rear side glass too is out there for finishing it off properly, and the hoods can be had almost everywhere. FYIX2, The gold paint is called Sauterne Mist and it's ah G.M. color that was first used by Hurst Inc. on the Hurst 442 olds.

Could be a cool car, if done tastefully.

Chrysler/Hurst should have brought back the 4-speed as an option for the 300H, in my opinion.

The '70-'71 Chrysler hoods and fenders are not the same as '72 hoods and fenders. The lower body shape is different on the '72 cars and the centre styling of the hood is different too. :)

I love the idea! And dreaming is free! I can see it in my head right now. I even like the black and gold rather than the white and gold. I'd pull the wagons front 50/50 bench and install dual leather buckets and even work the rear seat with the speaker into the fold down back.

I think it's a great idea, I'm just glad it's not my project!

Well I have the 300 grill in my 69 T&C 000_0084.jpg

000_0084.jpg

I've seen Johns Long Roof at Carlisle the last few yearz.(SWEET RIDE BTW JOHN, WELL DONE) I think he might be scroungin' the swapz for ah Hurst hood tho'. Never found him hangin' by that Beauty soz' we could introduce ourselvez 'n shake.

I've seen Johns Long Roof at Carlisle the last few yearz.(SWEET RIDE BTW JOHN, WELL DONE) I think he might be scroungin' the swapz for ah Hurst hood tho'. Never found him hangin' by that Beauty soz' we could introduce ourselvez 'n shake.

John has been through my tent plenty of times Jer, I will make sure you meet him this time....

Back