revisit Carb issue

I'd say it's time to get the book...:poke:
And I'm not talking about 50 Shades of Gray ;-)

I already have shades of gray. Was a pretty good description of the lifestyle but no one can have that much sex everyday. LOL I'll get a "carb" book as soon as I can.

Nope cant get them to free up. Soaking time again. What is the best solvent? I have some stuff sitting around but not enough to soak this thing.

Everyone seems to have something that has worked best for them (Like the "wire wheel acid" mentioned above...I personally have never heard of "wire wheel acid").The vinegar / lemon juice appears to have done well- I never tried that either. The best penetrating oil I've used was Zep 45...I love the stuff- but that's me.

Keep at it- I think it can be a good builder from the pics. It will just take some time and be a fun experience.

Best penetrating oil ever is 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF.
That stuff will draw into granite.

Take your time with the soaking; I keep this stuff in for weeks or months; I happen to prefer Diesel fuel; but again: that's just me.

Summarized, that means...

A mixture of:
- white vinegar
- lemon juice
- wire wheel acid
- acetone
- ATF
- Coca Cola and
- diesel fuel

in an ultrasonic cleaner for weeks or month is the sollution ;)

*if it ain't blow up the shop:blob8:

and here's what will be left.

RustyCarburetorParts.jpg

<sigh> I'm not going to blow anything up. I used up all my C4. But I am afraid that when I put that darn thing back together, that pic will look like my left over parts.

<sigh> I'm not going to blow anything up. I used up all my C4. But I am afraid that when I put that darn thing back together, that pic will look like my left over parts.

Shoot as much as possible pictures while the disassembly to recall how it was before disassembly. That should prevent you from having left over parts.

I think having left over parts after a carb kit is a given. A lot of kits have an extra piece or two that is not needed for the specific carb you are working on......it drives me apeshit thinking I forgot or lost something.

Back