Roll call: If you are going to the Chrysler Nationals @ Carlisle please post here.

It was great to hang out with you guys this year, sorry I missed the departure, but I had a hood to get rid of, so had to scoot. I wish I could spend a few more days at the show. Two hours to get the trailer? I hope it worked out, very frustrating to to get screwed by U Haul, I went through a similar thing back in 2016.
I hate Uhaul, but they are the only game in town for a one way trailer.

And a few FCBO winners... you fella's deserve a shout out...
First in class... @Big_John
View attachment 199930
3rd in class (same class as John's car) @polara71 's father... (another Dave)
View attachment 199931
2nd place and a Celebrity Choice for @cbarge
View attachment 199932
1st place for @75LandYacht ... told ya this was your year.
View attachment 199933

Pictures all stolen from @Jim 68cuda

Of course there were other winners... but I don't know any of them.

The wagon is for sale..... anyone ?

I get your sarcasm . Let me ad to that. This show has been this same weekend for over 25 years. People plan around it for years ahead of time.
I've never had a problem with the heat , it is usually mid to upper 80s or even very low 90s and always a chance of a storm.
For the greatest Chrysler show on the planet it is PERFECT weather and the perfect time of year.

I do remember about 7 years back the heat index on Saturday was 113 ...
There was also one weekend probably 20 years ago that it rained all three days. Still great weekends ....
This years Carlisle was the best weather in over 10 years. Not sure if it even hit 90 degrees, and the humidity was not bad at all Thursday through Saturday. Sadly not much in the way of C-body parts or cars. Many cars and trucks from the 2000's. Chrysler 300's and Dodge Magnums from this era are now 15 years old already!! Hard to believe my 70 Hurst is now 48. Never thought I'd own a car that old. I started playing with cars of the 60's when they were just 15 year old cars. Now a 92 Viper is an antique. Makes me wonder about the future of the hobby. Nowhere near as many Virgil Exner fin cars on the field as there used to be. Maybe people who own them are getting too old to put up with the heat and/or don't want to drive them as far as they used to? More Hellcats than original letter car 300's on display.

More Hellcats than original letter car 300's on display
At least there is cars. No cars at a car show leads to no show.
So to all the people that did not bring a car to show new or old, crappy or 1000 point resto, thanks for nothing, and keep your complaining to yourself.
People get to caught up in tv show type style. Gotta trailer, it won't make the drive, no A/C, I put 4.56 gears in it, blah, blah, blah. Fill the damn tank, put some normal gears in it and drive the car to Pa next July. See you there.

P.S. Make sure your stuff is less than 7' wide if using the train

We had a first at the restaurant Friday night after the show.

I've been asked if my car is a Buick... Lincoln.. Whatever... I had an old woman ask if my car was (ready for this) an Edsel! She said the grille reminded her of an Edsel.

We had a first at the restaurant Friday night after the show.

I've been asked if my car is a Buick... Lincoln.. Whatever... I had an old woman ask if my car was (ready for this) an Edsel! She said the grille reminded her of an Edsel.

Next time, tell them its a Delahaye. . .

The wagon is for sale..... anyone ?
Wait. This is Dad's car and it's for sale already? Did I read this right?

37235575_1768089343238108_5353763033241878528_n-jpg.jpg

He's dad, he gets tired of things quickly. . He always wanted a wagon but I think he's uncomfortable driving the big cabin.

You know why I'm not buying it.

Looking through the pictures of this thread, there is sticker/ decal on the radiator support that I would like help identifying and or a close up of what it says. I know the long yellow one is a dealer sign off on the coolant, and I have that one, but what is the small yellow one next to it?
I had that one on my car as well, but I can only find a picture from far away. I would really like to know what it looks like and the name of it so I can see if I can find a replacement.
Thank you.

View attachment 198643
Battery boosting warning tag

Back