Say goodbye to the Pentastar

mdh157

Reaction score
Chrysler Name Changed to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles; Company Adopts New Logo

After completion of the acquisition of 100% of Chrysler Group LLC, the Board of Directors of Fiat S.p.A. last Wednesday approved a corporate reorganization and the formation of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (“FCA”) as a fully-integrated global automaker.

According to a press release last Wednesday, in order to establish a true peer to the major global automotive groups, in both scale and capital market appeal, the Board has decided to establish Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V., organized in the Netherlands, as the parent company of the Group.

“A new chapter of our story begins with the creation of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. A journey that started over a decade ago, as Fiat sought to ensure its place in an increasingly complex marketplace, has brought together two organizations each with a great history in the automotive industry and different but complementary geographic strengths. FCA allows us to face the future with a renewed sense of purpose and vigor,” said John Elkann, Chairman of Fiat.

Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Fiat and Chairman/CEO of Chrysler Group said: “Today is one of the most important days in my career at Fiat and Chrysler. Five years ago we began to cultivate a vision that went beyond industrial cooperation to include full cultural integration at all levels. We have worked tenaciously and single-mindedly to transform differences into strengths and break down barriers of nationalistic or cultural resistance. Today we can say that we have succeeded in creating solid foundations for a global automaker with a mix of experience and know-how on a level with the best of our competitors. An international governance structure and listings will complete this vision and improve the Group’s access to global markets bringing obvious financial benefits.”

The press release stated "Today’s decisions, and the jurisdiction of the parent company in particular, are based on the needs and opportunities resulting from the creation of a large, global auto group through the union of Fiat and Chrysler. The existing organization based on four operating regions will remain central to the operating and management structure of the new Group. All activities forming part of FCA will continue with the same mission, including manufacturing plants in Italy and elsewhere around the globe, with no impact on headcount".

In a separate press release, the company announced that a new corporate logo, as seen below, has been adopted.

GetInline.aspx

The company stated "Following an initial phase with the two corporate logos appearing side-by-side –symbolizing the desire to respect the history, culture and industrial roots of the two groups – both Fiat and Chrysler now require a new corporate identity representative of an organization that is much more than the sum of its two component parts, based on strong core values that represents a unique corporate culture, a common vision and a Group with an international reach. Use of an acronym helps create a transition from the past, without severing the roots, while at the same time reflecting the global scope of the Group’s activities. Easy to understand, pronounce and remember, it is a name well suited to a modern, international marketplace"

Bleh, easy to understand and remember? A pentastar was the easiest, it broke through language barriers so that everyone around the world could recognize it. It was a symbol.

Time marches on, gentlemen...

Remember, the Pentastar was not a Chrysler corporate mark until 1962. So, it has endured for over 50 years, and it's time to accept the new FIAT ownership, along with the resultant change in corporate symbology. You can ***** about it all you want, but that will not change anything.

Last edited:
s485tg.jpg

Could be any bland corporation in the world from Fred's Consulting Associates to Federale Communicando de America

The Pentastar never really caught on in Europe as there was no strong continuity. The real US Chrysler products were rather rarely seen or sold and they put them only on for a few years on the Rootes and Simca group models, and some even unfortunate ones. Plans to establish Chrysler Corp. in the like as German/British Ford or GM-Opel/Vauxhall didn't pan out and was rather short lived. Those few in the know will miss it.

The above script looks really pretty generic.

Last edited:
This announcement will undoubtedly see our C's take a step change up in value.

What was $2500 yesterday becomes $2650 overnight

Wow. I need a moment to fully digest that. No more Chrysler. I felt bad when Plymouth got the ax. What does this now mean for the hardcore "mopar" enthusiast?

I was told that they have already rebranded all of the Chryslers in Europe so they obv aren't wasting any time.

Remember, the Pentastar was not a Chrysler corporate mark until 1962. So, it has endured for over 50 years, and it's time to accept the new FIAT ownership, along with the resultant change in corporate symbology. You can ***** about it all you want, but that will not change anything.

I don't know about that. When I *****...things change. At least in this household. It's a start...right?

I was told that they have already rebranded all of the Chryslers in Europe so they obv aren't wasting any time.

yes, the name Chrysler was cancelled and the cars got the "Lancia" batch. Despite the Jeeps which are still sold as Jeeps.
Since they changed it to Lancia the sales of the Chrysler 300 dropped dramatically. Those who wanted an american ride didn't want to drive in a car which says "I am Italian". Real bad marketing decision

Doesnt mean I have to accept it

beacon7.jpg

beacon7.jpg

Wow. I need a moment to fully digest that. No more Chrysler. I felt bad when Plymouth got the ax. What does this now mean for the hardcore "mopar" enthusiast?

Gary...........you'll have to move to Fiat-Land. They are starting with New Jersyans first. LOL!!!:rant:

Back