Stuck Brake Drums

scooter3

Reaction score
I have an issue with the front brake drums on my Fury. They are stuck something horrible and I can't get them off. I've hit on them and done some light prying not to bend them, trying to get them off but no success. I am aware they have pullers for them but has anyone else had this problem??

We went through this with another guy here...

Are you taking the spindle nut off?

I have an issue with the front brake drums on my Fury. They are stuck something horrible and I can't get them off. I've hit on them and done some light prying not to bend them, trying to get them off but no success. I am aware they have pullers for them but has anyone else had this problem??
Not sure what year your Fury is but......see the grease cap? remove it...behind it there is a pin through the spindle..pull that out gently and remove the nut cover..unscrew the retaining nut and pull off the drum.

No.....are you serious you have to take the castle nut off to get the drums off?

Yes, we're serious. That's the way they built them.

I strongly suggest getting a factory service manual for this car.

Well thanks for the help. It entered my mind that might be the case but I didnt want to accept it. Its my first Mopar.....

Good luck. You definitely should have a factory manual for your year handy. It will help tremendously.Oh, how about some pics....advice is not free.lol

Ok I'll pay up.
20140502_165006.jpg

20140502_165006.jpg

Back