T-Cows 68 T/C wagon updates...

Here are a couple pics at one of the rest areas....

And a shot of the motor. I tried something a little different with the air cleaner this trip. I had an old single snorkel air cleaner kicking around, and I decided to convert it to a dual inlet with some aluminum ducting. I actual did this conversion a year or two ago...but never put it on, but thought it couldn't hurt having cooler air piped up from down under the car.

That's because old cars are cool! I do appreciate the smiles and looks when I'm out in my old cars.

Now there is a statement. When my cars were twenty years old they were cool when Mr C's cars were twenty they were cool k cars and dynasties are twenty years old, not cool. Maybe in another twenty.

Here are a couple pics at one of the rest areas....

And a shot of the motor. I tried something a little different with the air cleaner this trip. I had an old single snorkel air cleaner kicking around, and I decided to convert it to a dual inlet with some aluminum ducting. I actual did this conversion a year or two ago...but never put it on, but thought it couldn't hurt having cooler air piped up from down under the car.

That's pretty much what the ram-air setup on a '69 Olds 442 looks like. Just be careful if you find yourself in either really heavy rain, or several inches of standing water, it's amazing how easily water can travel up those tubes, and no matter how hard they try, the pistons won't compress it and things will rapidly come to a complete stoop.

Back