The 1965 Polara/Monaco/880 thread!!

65dodge 880 conv.jpg
65dodge 880 conv 3.jpg
65dodge 880 conv 2.jpg
I was working on a deal on this 65 880 Convertible with a seller who was very difficult to work with. Wouldn't respond to communications well. I ended up finding Jazabelle and never looked back. It looked like a sweet car though.

View attachment 108958 View attachment 108959 View attachment 108960 I was working on a deal on this 65 880 Convertible with a seller who was very difficult to work with. Wouldn't respond to communications well. I ended up finding Jazabelle and never looked back. It looked like a sweet car though.
I saw that car too when I was looking. Good color, but it's an 880, and I didn't want an 880. Seems to me that it was pretty far away too. Do you recall what their asking price was?

It is a 500, but it was re-sprayed at some point and I'm guessing it was removed and never put back on. Maybe I should look for replacement trim.
Good luck on finding the trim, I've been looking for a couple of years for a quarter molding.

I saw that car too when I was looking. Good color, but it's an 880, and I didn't want an 880. Seems to me that it was pretty far away too. Do you recall what their asking price was?

It was in California, Asking was around 11.5K OBO. I was attempting to make a good offer but never got the chance, no response from seller. I was ready to fly out and drive it back to Bama.

It was in California, Asking was around 11.5K OBO. I was attempting to make a good offer but never got the chance, no response from seller. I was ready to fly out and drive it back to Bama.
I think if that came up, I would have to buy it.

Sorry let me correct my statement, 1205 Polara verts, 2161 300's in 68, still a very low number for any survivors especially knowing the insurance cost back then for 'verts vs anything else

What? No -66 allowed here? :(
I love my -66 Polara and its almost an -65...:)

Forum.JPG

My 65 is a Polara 440 wagon from Victoria BC. Was a factory 383 4 bbl dual exhaust car and kinda wish I left it stock but it now has a stroked 440 with aluminum heads, six pack, TTI headers and 3" exhaust. It will be on the road this spring .I also have several 65 parts cars:
65 Monaco rag was 413 at
65 Monaco Ht 318 at
65 Polara 880 4dr 225 at
65 US Custom 880 hardtop
They are all done like dinner but still have plenty of good parts.
I've parted probably another 15 or 20 65's,one Canadian Polara 880 convertible and several other Monaco's.
I grew up in Markham Ontario...on our one short 25 house street there were 4 or 5 65's new. My dad had a 65 Polara 440 4 door 225 auto that I used to beat on...it even appeared in a Sunoco Commercial .Dad worked for an advertising company producing TV commercials and had the Sunoco account...he had some great stories of Mark Donahue ; one of him outrunning the RCMP in a 401 powered AMC when Mark was up here doing some commercials.
I've kept track of maybe 50 or so Canadian 65's...ones I've scrapped and other ones I've lusted after. Canuk cars have very different fender tags as well as the obvious Plymouth interiors and different trim combinations. These pics are a couple years old now...the wagon is coming together. I saved every piece of NOS 65 stuff that came in all the job lots ...most of the potmetal is new .
100_0633.JPG
100_0635.JPG

Back