The Admiral's getting paint.

Actually, there is a green added in the A4 formula. Fluorescent lights really bring it out.

intelligence-is-quickness-in-seeing-things-as-they-are-quote-1.jpg

Well, at the risk of going "off topic", ...... Wait...! This IS the topic.... LOL
Things are looking good. I visited yesterday and shot a couple of pics. At least I know now what the finish will look like. Pretty nice.

The two side rear window top moldings bother me though, Tom, (polarus), is sending a pair, I think. So we'll see how that goes.
These moldings didn't look at all bad until I removed them and got the stainless moldings off.

Mighty fine, Wil. Mighty fine !

The Admiral is back home from the paint shop, top and tail gate are refinished and the hood is sanded and primed as well as a couple of minor dents in the fender and body removed. I'm glad I decided to do it this way as I'm not happy with how this guy works. He's a collision guy, does good work, but doesn't take instruction well and didn't seem to understand the "restore" concept. The remainder of the work will go elsewhere.
I spent some time buffing and installing stainless today. Nos tail lights and trim panel will go on soon. This is the fun part.

I discovered something I've not seen before. The left tail light has a second, small socket and bulb, (see photo). There's no mention about it in the FSM and the parts book shows it for Chrysler on both sides. This one is on the left only. Not likely a side marker, (69's used reflectors). Anyone know about these....?

DSC02560.JPG

DSC02561.JPG

DSC02562.JPG

DSC02559.JPG

The Admiral is back home from the paint shop, top and tail gate are refinished and the hood is sanded and primed as well as a couple of minor dents in the fender and body removed. I'm glad I decided to do it this way as I'm not happy with how this guy works. He's a collision guy, does good work, but doesn't take instruction well and didn't seem to understand the "restore" concept. The remainder of the work will go elsewhere.
I spent some time buffing and installing stainless today. Nos tail lights and trim panel will go on soon. This is the fun part.

I discovered something I've not seen before. The left tail light has a second, small socket and bulb, (see photo). There's no mention about it in the FSM and the parts book shows it for Chrysler on both sides. This one is on the left only. Not likely a side marker, (69's used reflectors). Anyone know about these....?

Sorry things didnt work out with painter #1... do you have painter #2 lined up yet?
BTW the Admiral is coming along nicely.

I know what you mean on collision guys. If they can't buy a part out of a catalog they aren't interested in any form of restoration. They are good at spraying a totally prepped, trim removed car

Back