Uncle Charlie's Fury

The survivor tent I find to be a snoozefest , just like the feature buildings. Sure a car is considered highlighted but as the owner it limits you on the weekend activities. I'd prefer registration in class, have my own space and BS with guys/ families with other C bodies.......
I have found the survivor guys tend to banter back and forth on who's car is the nicer and why theirs is the best under the tent

The survivor tent I find to be a snoozefest , just like the feature buildings. Sure a car is considered highlighted but as the owner it limits you on the weekend activities. I'd prefer registration in class, have my own space and BS with guys/ families with other C bodies.......
I have found the survivor guys tend to banter back and forth on who's car is the nicer and why theirs is the best under the tent
I totally agree with Dave-Enter your car in a class and park along with other c body guys. You will get that much more out of the experience, gather some great information and meet new friends that share the same enthusiasm for these cars. Can't wait to see this beauty!

The survivor tent.......
Sounds like every Corvette event I ever saw. Or the taped off area of every car show.

That's the way it is. The survivor cars are roped off...Why? Those cars are no more special than the others on the field

The survivor tent is really not the best place to enjoy the event. limited access makes you somewhat isolated, boring participants, and I did perceive a unwarranted level of "snootiness". Like your expected to praise the car next to you while yours is ignored.

I registered our 300 with the C body class last July, instead of the 300 class, just for the reason mentioned above. We all hang together and tell lies as a group. I hope to do the same this year, maybe bring the Admiral.

What a stunning automobile! Uncle Charlie sure had an excellent taste.

U-code engine, 140 mph speedo, AC Cutoff Switch, HD suspension, HD Shocks... Uncle Charlie wasn't running moonshine back in the day, was he?
:3gears:

Dang! I have an Uncle Charlie, but he drives a late model Lincoln! Beautiful car, and in the right hands as well!

Beautiful Car! Thanks for posting the pics - especially the trim tag. Yours is only the 2nd sunroof 72 fury trim tag I have seen. Very few and far between! Scott.

Hi,

I have never been to Carlisle but think it would be nice if it is in the survivor tent.
It would be promotion for C-Bodies. I guess a lot of B-&E-Body guys will be surprised by the looks of the car.
They will recognize it while it is in the survivor tent.
If it is in the C-Body row/area a lot of those guys who are not into C-Bodys won't go there at all so they do not know what they miss.
It might be able to win "new" Full size Fans

You can still go to the C-body group yourself. Your Fury will make the promotion alone.

Carsten

I got it! Register it in the survivor class, park it there for a few hours, then take it over to the C body class and hang out and tell tall tales with the rest of the guys.

Probably the most desirable 72 Fury ever to have left the assembly line.

I got it! Register it in the survivor class, park it there for a few hours, then take it over to the C body class and hang out and tell tall tales with the rest of the guys.
You can check out anytime you'd like but you can never leave.

I'm pretty sure this is the car I would have ordered back then. Even the vinyl roof because that's what you did back then.

All you need now is that Gold 72 Fury wagon with the sunroof. I can see them parked side by side in my garage..... I mean your garage.

That doesn't sound like a good time to me. I would rather be out on the fairway. I came from the wrong side of the tracks, so I know that type very well. We are looking at the possibility of going, and if we do, we will be with our C body friends.

That doesn't sound like a good time to me. I would rather be out on the fairway. I came from the wrong side of the tracks, so I know that type very well. We are looking at the possibility of going, and if we do, we will be with our C body friends.

IMG_7582.jpg

Always room for more but, I only See four official C body shirts.....

IMG_7582.jpg

Are they really asking 28 grand now for that wagon? Wow....!! I remember 18 years ago it could have been had for under fifteen...

Back