What BUSHHINGS are these?

SF-66TC

Reaction score

I've got pictured 5 ROWS of bushings - found them in my dad's stash of parts for the car.

Not sure WHERE the First Row bushings go - ANYONE KNOW?
Not sure WHAT the Fourth Row bushings are - ANYONE KNOW?

First Row - Box says, STRUT ROD BUSHINGS. Are these the bushings that go in between the lower control arm?
Second Row - UPPER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS
Third Row - LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS
Fourth Row - LEFT - (2) TORTION BAR BUSHINGS?????
Fourth Row - RIGHT - (2) ?????? hole looks to be the size of a pencil

Fifth Row - TORTION BAR BUSHING COVERS

2015-07-11 12.59.00.jpg

2015-07-11 12.59.00.jpg

Second and third row all look like upper control arm bushings. Last row are the torsion bar dust covers, they go on the rear mount to the frame.

Second and third row all look like upper control arm bushings. Last row are the torsion bar dust covers, they go on the rear mount to the frame.

Hmmmm...... the 2nd & 3rd row bushings are two completely different sizes so not so they could both be for the UCA... maybe the 3rd row for a different car? They look a-like, but the 3rd row is defintely smaller than the 2nd row.

Re: Sway Bar Hanger Bushing - I ordered the Moog K7061 sway bar bushing kit and the hanger bushings look more like the ones on the car vs the two pictured as Right Two 4th row.

No idea of what the 1st row of bushings are for?

Anyone have a procedure to replacing the STRUT ROD & SWAY BAR BUSHINGS? Anything special I need to know as far as releasing tension or which to do first? I know about the Tortion Bar, but I won't do doing anything with those at this time.

Top: Strut Rod Bushing, probably A or B Body (unless early C Body use them)
2nd row: Upper Control arm Bushing, Unknown body, would need part number or sizes.
3rd row: Upper Control Arm Bushings, Unknown body, would need part number or sizes.
4th row left: Lower Control Arm Bushings
4th row right: Sway Bar Bushings, C Body
5th row: Torsion Bar Boots, C are different than A/B/E but will work, would need to see other side to tell.

Alan

Not sure if you can see in this picture, but the hanger or sway bar link "insulators" are barrel shaped, like your picture. I've seen replacements that are just link shock absorber mount bushings, they are in two pieces.

swaybar.jpg

swaybar.jpg

Top: Strut Rod Bushing, probably A or B Body (unless early C Body use them)
2nd row: Upper Control arm Bushing, Unknown body, would need part number or sizes.
3rd row: Upper Control Arm Bushings, Unknown body, would need part number or sizes.
4th row left: Lower Control Arm Bushings
4th row right: Sway Bar Bushings, C Body
5th row: Torsion Bar Boots, C are different than A/B/E but will work, would need to see other side to tell.

Alan

My dad had a '67 Belvedere and a '73 Dart Swinger so maybe those other bushings were for those cars.

Not sure if you can see in this picture, but the hanger or sway bar link "insulators" are barrel shaped, like your picture. I've seen replacements that are just link shock absorber mount bushings, they are in two pieces.

View attachment 56046

So I must have two original hanger retainers and the one I got from MOOG are the replacements (as you said like two-piece shock bushings). Can you email me that picture - I'll PM you my email address.... Thanks

Back