Wyatt convinced me to destroy my 71...

Great lookin NYer! The "chromed" arm rests look v.good, and probably would not bother with repos. Just my 2cents.

The pinstriping is brilliant !

Great lookin NYer! The "chromed" arm rests look v.good, and probably would not bother with repos. Just my 2cents.

The pinstriping is brilliant !
I used "chrome" paint on my arn rest bases and was pleased with the result. Now, some years later, I'm thinking of re-doing the same and adding a topcoat of clear. My 5cents. (In Canada we lost our pennies and now have to use nickles! LOL) Lindsay

FWIW, I did spray them with Rust-o-leum clear after they were painted.
I also found out ABC Moparts is out of stock with the 9" bases, but Van's Auto had both sizes and were a few bucks cheaper when searching their site as @Xenon suggested.

FWIW, I did spray them with Rust-o-leum clear after they were painted.
I also found out ABC Moparts is out of stock with the 9" bases, but Van's Auto had both sizes and were a few bucks cheaper when searching their site as @Xenon suggested.

I am aware that Vans is a little cheaper than ABC Moparts but I also think it is worth supporting guys like Bob @ABC Moparts who makes reproduction parts that are not available anywhere else and given the relatively small number of potential buyers of them (like dashpads, c pillar moldings, convertible rear seat/speaker covers, etc) with very thin margins, I favor supporting him when I can. A mold for an instrument panel costs him in the neighborhood of $10K and that takes a lot of time to recover even with the prices they are listed at. Supply chain issues still abound for him as well and seem never ending these days of covid and other factors. I honestly believe it is somewhat amazing that he is doing all this work and carrying on as best he can in these hard times - a lesser Chrysler product enthusiast would have given up long ago. I do my part also by supplying him with flawless dashpads that he uses to reproduce some of the ones he has available at no cost as my part of supporting his business and I think the dividends it pays overall to all of us is worth it. Yeah, I could make a sizeable profit from selling mint dashpads that are almost non-existent anymore un-cracked, etc. but I choose to support his efforts for everyone's sake including mine. The other parts he supplies that no one else does such as bucket seat side shields and backs that are better than the originals is just another example of some great parts he reproduces.

I was looking at the front of the car and didn't like how the argent paint was looking, so it was time to take it off and do a quick touch up.
After removing it, laying it face down on the table I sprayed the back with some black paint to bring out the color when looking at it from the front. Then after taping off the front of the grill and scuffing up the exposed area to be painted, it got sprayed with VHT dull aluminum, which was the same color used for the bumper surrounds. 
I put this back on tomorrow after it cures overnight.
View attachment 523221

View attachment 523223View attachment 523222View attachment 523224View attachment 523226View attachment 523225View attachment 523227View attachment 523229View attachment 523228
Details like this is what makes the car stand out. Great work!

I've bought from Bob before and I like the quality reproduction parts he makes, but when ordering parts, buying from a place that has everything that is needed, as in this case it was Van's. I'll go with the vendor that has the parts.
I don't want to be waiting on a part because of a supply chain issue if someone else has the part available.
Besides Dwayne at Van's sells good parts and is other good vender to go to for C body parts. He's usually willing to speak to someone who's asking about a part he sells, and that is rare today in the world of voice mail hell.

Working on the door panels and seats today before they go back in the car.
Finished up putting the cat whiskers on the rear door panels and secured the inner plastic sheeting with 3M strip calk.
Door panel3.jpg
Door panel2.jpg

Door panel5.jpg
Door panel4.jpg

Door panels6.jpg

Milo got to hang out with me today too...

Door panels7.jpg

Cleaning the seats with some upholstery today with a good washing. While I was at it, the bezel got cleaned up too.
Rear seat bezel2.jpg
Rear seat bezel1.jpg

Rear seat bezel3.jpg

Rear seat bezel4.jpg

The NYer's been sitting idle, waiting for some new door handles to show up from the west coast.
While tracking the package online, I can't understand why the USPS sent the package from Washington state to Massachusetts. It's still in transit to the Chicagoland area. I mean, really? Doesn't Chicago have a big enough USPS hub? And you wonder why they're losing money and the price of a stamp will be going up to $0.60. It must be the cost of mismanagement.
Rant over...

Was able to upgrade the air manual vent cover with one that Wyatt had found for me at Mopar City. Also cut some new plastic for the doors and rear inner quarters.
Air duct _ Old.jpg
Air duct replacement.jpg

Air duct painted.jpg

Pass Door plastic.jpg

The NYer's been sitting idle, waiting for some new door handles to show up from the west coast.
While tracking the package online, I can't understand why the USPS sent the package from Washington state to Massachusetts. It's still in transit to the Chicagoland area. I mean, really? Doesn't Chicago have a big enough USPS hub? And you wonder why they're losing money and the price of a stamp will be going up to $0.60. It must be the cost of mismanagement.
Rant over...

Was able to upgrade the air manual vent cover with one that Wyatt had found for me at Mopar City. Also cut some new plastic for the doors and rear inner quarters.
View attachment 530500View attachment 530501

View attachment 530503

View attachment 530504
I sent you a PM but your inbox is full!

I had rollbar parts for my Coronet go from Ohio to California to Iowa. Amazed I got them in the end

It was 3 years ago today that Wyatt convinced me to destroy my 71.
Glad he talked me into it.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

I saw the car before and after it got "destroyed"
Ya did a bang up job on her!
Even brought home the hardware from this summer's Chicagoland Fox Lake show!

Back