1969 Imperial progress thread

As the video suggests why not order springs to the required ride height?

Because mine are still good and I don't want to spent $500 + x shipping these heavy parts to germany. If there is no way to lower the car with the stock springs, I will go with the stock height and do the lowering later. Iirc there is no good way to lower the torsion bar suspension, too?!

Because mine are still good and I don't want to spent $500 + x shipping these heavy parts to germany. If there is no way to lower the car with the stock springs, I will go with the stock height and do the lowering later. Iirc there is no good way to lower the torsion bar suspension, too?!

The front is easy to lower. Just adjust it down. The issue comes if you want hydraulics or air bags. Those are tough to do. But lowering a bit is easy.

For the rear, you could take out a leaf, and adjust the height back up where you want it with air shocks. I have them on my car, which makes up for sagging stock springs (originally put there by a previous owner to assist with towing duty). Many people will warn you against air shocks because the shock mounts weren't originally designed to carry load like that. But Stormer has said he ran them for years without any problems. He also said that the air shocks aren't enough to lift the car back up on their own, just to assist.

It does interchange with other Chryslers. The fiberglass insert is the Imperial-exclusive piece.

So does other back windows will fit when I remove the fiber glas insert or not? Becasue I don't want to keep the vinyl roof and the small window would look studip with a painted roof, I think.

The front is easy to lower. Just adjust it down. The issue comes if you want hydraulics or air bags. Those are tough to do. But lowering a bit is easy.

For the rear, you could take out a leaf, and adjust the height back up where you want it with air shocks. I have them on my car, which makes up for sagging stock springs (originally put there by a previous owner to assist with towing duty). Many people will warn you against air shocks because the shock mounts weren't originally designed to carry load like that. But Stormer has said he ran them for years without any problems. He also said that the air shocks aren't enough to lift the car back up on their own, just to assist.

I'm not a fan of these air shocks, but we will see. I'm just checking my options right now and it seems that I have to think a little more about this.

Thanks! That's what I want, but without the vinylroof.
F9 Dark Emerald Crown 2door 10.jpg

My question is, is the window crown imperial specific or the same like the 300, new yorker or newport, ...? I think it would be difficult to find the window if it's crown imperial specific!

F9 Dark Emerald Crown 2door 10.jpg

Are not all the fuselage c bodies (Chryslers) all the same from the fire wall back?

Just the details, just the details......

One Imperial front clip, one Newport convertible body, quarter panel caps, decklid, tail lights and rear bumper from that Imperial and you've got yourself an Imperial convertible.

More or less.

Chryslers and Imperials do share the same sheet metal from the firewall back, including doors, roof, and quarter panels. There are differences in the aft portion of the trunk area mostly owing to different taillight treatments (I think). If you look at a bumperless Imperial and a bumperless 300 or Newport, you will notice different stampings. The Imperial bumper will fit on the Chrysler, however, as long as you install the proper fender extentions. Those extentions are model-specific and are different between 2 and 4 doors of the same model.

Great, thank you! Now, it's just the problem to get a back glass to germany left. ;) But it should be lot easier to find the part now!

Is the back glass broken or damaged?

As I understand it, the fiberglass insert is just laid over the window and finished. I would think you just have to take the fiberglass insert off and clean up the rear window.

Is the back glass broken or damaged?

As I understand it, the fiberglass insert is just laid over the window and finished. I would think you just have to take the fiberglass insert off and clean up the rear window.

I wish it was that easy. :/

The fiber glass insert is bolted to the big window frame, so the frame should be good for the big window, but the glass is a smaller one inside the insert.

001.jpg002.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

I'd be tempted while digging into this that deep already to make it a large rear window/no Vinyl top car, but this would cause another search for different interior parts as well. These cars look way better that way IMHO.

The same way that the Challenger SE smaller rear window was done.

I'd be tempted while digging into this that deep already to make it a large rear window/no Vinyl top car, but this would cause another search for different interior parts as well. These cars look way better that way IMHO.

I love the original look alot! But I decided to go with a more sporty look.

I like the bodystyle and image of this and planing to go in this derection with my coupe.
6243173477_fff7000791_o.jpg

6243173477_fff7000791_o.jpg

I wish it was just covered..!

I fould a Finnish manufacturer with a german distributor. I have requested a quote for the window.

I love the original look alot! But I decided to go with a more sporty look.

I like the bodystyle and image of this and planing to go in this derection with my coupe.
[iurl="http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=40004&d=1413553469&d=1413553469"]
attachment.php
[/iurl]
If you're willing, I very highly urge you to go the no-vinyl route. It's far sexier without it.

Posted via Topify on Android

Back