1969 Imperial progress thread

Small update.

I took a week off to use the last few dry days to finish stripping the car body. I almost made it (excluding the trunk). Maybe this week after work, I will finish the interior.
I met a painter (that happens to be my neighbour) and we talked about the best way to protect the progress I made. I'm waiting for a quote from him for spraying the bare metal parts of the car with either Brunox or directly with a zinc chromate primer.

The hardest part was to remove all the spray glue...! The media blaster couldn't remove it, because it's too "bouncy" and the sanding disks gummed up immediately so I had to use a lot of brake clean and wire sponges. Not funny!

bare-metal-interior_01.JPG

bare-metal-interior_02.JPG

bare-metal-interior_03.JPG

bare-metal-interior_04.JPG

bare-metal-interior_05.JPG

bare-metal-interior_06.JPG

bare-metal-interior_07.JPG

bare-metal-interior_08.JPG

bare-metal-interior_09.JPG

bare-metal-interior_10.JPG

:wideyed: Wow I can't fathom what it took to remediate that body like you have but well done sir....and yes like Dave said you are nuts..:)

Amazing work you're doing there mate. You do realize that when the restoration is finished and your Imperial is one of the finest in the world, people will be lining up with cash in hand offering to buy it, right?

I don't think the body was that clean when it came out of the gate. Just what do you intend to USE this car for Julian..... LOL.

This is going to be like watching the assembly line (except for no gang of workers on it) start with body only not even a single screw or anything on it at the start.
Good luck

I've been concerned about that. 1,879,463 parts to put back together.
almacen.jpg
If anybody is meticulous to do it Julian is the man.

And of course smart asses like me, much like your not so helpful neighbor drinking a beer telling you yeah I think that part goes there.:poke:

No updates on the car body yet. I'm waiting for the last few sunny days to finish stripping the interior of the car so that the body can go to the paint shop for primer.
DSC_0014.JPG

It's not much left the clean. Just the last pieces of this part. I will do the inner fenders, axle tunnel and the trunk next year. They will not be primered for now. Just the bare metal parts.

All I need is dry weather for media blasting...

Besides of the body, I media blasted a lot of small parts so that I can work on them this winter at home.

Small part rebuild updates will follow in the winter month.

Screenshot_2016-12-03-17-49-46-661.jpeg
A heads up alert if this interests you.

Mopar Full Size - Parts For Sale - 4th Quarter | Moparts Full Size | Moparts Forums
and then scroll down.

1969 Imperial 2 Dr HT, 4 Dr HT, 4 DR Sdn Door Window Lift Switch

Part number: 2926 308 (use 1 per car)

Factory parts book section number: 23-41-170
Part description: switch, right front door window lift, without power door locks, with power vent windows

Application: all 2 door hardtop, 4 door sedan and 4 door hardtop Imperial models equipped with factory electric windows, without power door locks, with power vent windows

Price is $45, and includes shipping within mainland US

To purchase or get questions answered, contact Allen @ xs29j8@charter.net

View attachment 106528 A heads up alert if this interests you.

Mopar Full Size - Parts For Sale - 4th Quarter | Moparts Full Size | Moparts Forums
and then scroll down.

1969 Imperial 2 Dr HT, 4 Dr HT, 4 DR Sdn Door Window Lift Switch

Part number: 2926 308 (use 1 per car)

Factory parts book section number: 23-41-170
Part description: switch, right front door window lift, without power door locks, with power vent windows

Application: all 2 door hardtop, 4 door sedan and 4 door hardtop Imperial models equipped with factory electric windows, without power door locks, with power vent windows

Price is $45, and includes shipping within mainland US

To purchase or get questions answered, contact Allen @ xs29j8@charter.net

Thanks Stan! Wrong part for me but thanks for thinking of me! :)
I don't have vent windows.

I'm still trying to reproduce the rubber boots but all attempts failed so far.

Back